You should always go to the doctor immediately after being involved in a car accident in Tucson, AZ. In many cases, the symptoms of an injury may not present themselves right away. It could be the next day after the adrenaline has worn off that you begin to feel the effects of an injury suffered in the accident.
Insurance companies could try to use it against your potential claim if you do seek medical attention right away. They might claim that your injury did not actually occur in the car accident or that it did not occur at all.
The insurance company wants to pay you as little as possible for an accident, and they may look for any reason to reduce or flat out deny your car accident injury claim. It is best to not give them any leverage against you by not seeking professional medical attention after a car accident.
Common Injuries Suffered During a Car Accident
Injuries that occur during a car accident may have delayed symptoms. It could be a day or possibly a week before symptoms begin to present themselves. Common injuries with delayed symptoms include:
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBIs): TBIs are very serious, but sometimes the negative effects are delayed. Potential symptoms are wide-ranging and include painful headaches, memory loss, or even loss of function.
- Whiplash: Whiplash could seem mild at first immediately following a collision. You may think it will just go away, and it is no big deal. But the trauma to the soft tissue in the neck could become debilitating and intensely painful.
- Broken Bones: Simple or hairline fractures could be only a minor annoyance at first, but if not tended to by a medical professional, it could become a more serious fracture.
- Internal Bleeding: Because some injuries are not visible, the presence of such injuries may only be visible to a trained medical professional. Internal bleeding is a life-threatening condition if medical treatment is not delivered. Symptoms could be bruising, pain, or discomfort in the abdomen.
- Sprains and strains: Muscles and soft connective tissue could be damaged, but the adrenaline rush following a car accident could mask the pain. Sprained joints and muscle strains are very painful and take a long time to heal.
If you have been involved in an accident, even if you do not feel immediate pain or discomfort, seek medical attention for evaluation. Leave it up to the medical professionals to clear you of potential injuries.
If for any reason, you deny medical attention at the scene of the accident, but later you begin to feel symptoms, it’s best that you seek medical attention immediately.
For a free legal consultation, call 866-499-8989
Compensation You May Recover for Your Injuries
When you have suffered injuries in an accident, you may be entitled to compensation for losses such as:
- Medical expenses
- Out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident and injuries
- Lost wages if you have to miss work
- Lost advancement and opportunity at work if you cannot return to work
- Pain and suffering
- Professional counseling and therapy if you suffer post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), memory loss, or function loss following the accident
- Other expenses and loss related to the accident
After you have endured a car accident, even a minor one, the rush of adrenaline from the accident can potentially block the pain from an injury.
If the insurance company contacts you after an accident, they may try to get you to waive your rights to a claim or may offer you a short settlement to sign a release. Do not sign anything until after confirming with a medical professional that you are healthy.
A Car Accident Lawyer at Zanes Law Can Help You
When you have endured a car accident and suffered injuries, the process of filing a claim while dealing with doctor appointments can easily become overwhelming. But you are not alone. You can have a dedicated advocate working for you.
You can immediately reach a team member when you need to. We have assisted thousands of clients through the claims process, and we are proud of our results.
Dealing with the insurance company can be a hassle. You may be frustrated and do not even want to deal with it. We understand your frustration, and we want to help you recover compensation to help with your loss.
So remember, after an accident, seek medical attention right away. Do not let the insurance company try to entice you to sign a release of your rights.
Call (866) 499-8989 to speak to a car accident lawyer at Zanes Law. We offer a free consultation to evaluate your case and to provide you with answers to all your pressing questions. You can sign up right over the phone, or we can visit you at home or even in your hospital room. You have a limited time under AZ § 12-542.