Mt. Lemmon Highway Open
- Casey Hamm
- January 13, 2016
Mt. Lemmon Highway Open as of 1/12/2016.
People visiting Tucson may be confused as to the freezing weather but we desert dwellers know better than to mistaken this winter for anything except normal.
Although always an element of shock, snow is nothing new and with a long line of cars waiting to get in since early this morning, the Catalina Highway up to Mr. Lemmon has finally opened, authorities said.
Only vehicles with chains or four-wheel drive will be allowed up, due to icy conditions on the road, according to the Pima County Sheriff’s Department Road Conditions Hotline.
So if you are planning a trip up there to be a snow bunny this weekend, please drive safe (with the appropriate vehicle) and go with someone!
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Free eBook: Winning Your Personal Injury Case
- Family Learns Of Bus Accident When Another Child Carries Their Child Into The Home, Bus Driver Refused To Help
- Opioid Ruling: Interpretation and Analysis
- Study: Nearly half of drivers do not use blinker while driving
- Woman Pierces Eye With Metal Drinking Straw In Accident, Dies