Does Insurance Cover Dog Bites in Arizona? Yes!
Dog bites are more common than you think… and unfortunately they often involve children
This was confirmed as a 4-year-old boy was recently bitten by a neighbor’s dog resulting in serious medical bills in Tucson, Arizona.
Dog bites can be more serious than you think.. according to Tucson News Now, bills can total up to $57,000 to treat various injuries.
Depending on what homeowners insurance is available, often times these expenses do not have to be an out-of-pocket expense for the victim.
Here are some steps to take if you have been bitten by a dog:
- Obtain a copy of the dog owner’s insurance policy as soon as possible. Do this ASAP, dog owners are more inclined to provide insurance information right after the bite occurs.
- Go to the emergency room and get the wound checked immediately.
- Call animal control if necessary.
- Decide whether or not you’d like to file a claim against the dog owner’s insurance company. There are specific time restrictions. Click here to review the restrictions.
- Decide whether or not you need a Arizona dog bite attorney in Arizona for legal representation. Personal injuries firms such as ours, provide free consultations to dog bite victims. Dog bite injury attorneys in Arizona have experience on obtaining information, setting up the correct claims, and investigating what insurance is available to compensate the victim.
Additional free dog bite claim resources provided by dog bite injury attorney, Doug Zanes:
DETAILED TO-DO LIST: https://zaneslaw.com/animal-dog-bites/
Call or text 866-499-8989 or complete a
Free Case Evaluation form