You Ask- We Answer! Do I absolutely NEED an attorney?
- Casey Hamm
- August 17, 2016
Do I Need An Attorney?
Why does the insurance adjuster say that they can resolve my case without involving an attorney? Do I NEED an attorney?
In short, NO, you do not NEED an attorney. Is it smart to speak with one after your accident? YES!
You can settle a claim without an attorney; in fact, we have an educational packet that helps accident victims settle their own claim if that’s what they want to do.
However, the goal of the insurance company is to minimize what they pay out. With a personal injury attorney on your side, the adjusters know that won’t happen.
The Insurance Research Council (IRC), an organization supported by property and casualty insurance companies, performed a study that compared the settlements paid to injured persons who hired lawyers with the settlements received by people who handled cases themselves.
The IRC study showed that, on average, people who hired a lawyer received three and a half times more money in settlements than those who didn’t hire a lawyer.
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Drug Deal Gone Terribly Wrong Leaves A 16-Year-Old In Critical Condition
- Driver Wanted By U.S. Marshalls Was Captured And Charged With Endangerment And Aggravated Assault
- Family Learns Of Bus Accident When Another Child Carries Their Child Into The Home, Bus Driver Refused To Help
- Opioid Ruling: Interpretation and Analysis
- Study: Nearly half of drivers do not use blinker while driving