Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage
- March 16, 2018
So what is uninsured motorist coverage and how does that differ from underinsured motorist coverage?
Uninsured motorist coverage exists to compensate you if a driver hits you and you’re hurt in that accident and it turns out that driver didn’t have any insurance. Which surprises people because the state law requires that everybody have insurance. But I can tell you it happens all the time. Having uninsured motorist coverage on your policy is extremely important. Underinsured motorist coverage exists to protect you when the driver that hit you and hurt you has insurance coverage but they just don’t have enough insurance coverage to fairly compensate you because your injuries were so significant. Which happens all the time. The minimum in Arizona is only fifteen thousand dollars worth of insurance coverage. You can have an emergency room visit where those bills exceed fifteen thousand dollars, no problem at all. So it’s important that you have underinsured motorist coverage as well.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, call us at Zanes Law and we’ll make sure that you’re fairly compensated and you’re taken care of.
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Family Learns Of Bus Accident When Another Child Carries Their Child Into The Home, Bus Driver Refused To Help
- Opioid Ruling: Interpretation and Analysis
- Study: Nearly half of drivers do not use blinker while driving
- Woman Pierces Eye With Metal Drinking Straw In Accident, Dies
- 2019 School Supply Giveaway Attendees!