When you and your friends are in a store, you don’t expect to experience any difficulties. But, what if disaster strikes and you get injured due to another person’s negligence. By determining fault, gathering the necessary evidence, and speaking with a personal injury lawyer, you can claim various forms of compensation.
With the support of a store injury attorney in Tucson from Zanes Law, you will be able to get the justice you are seeking. Store injuries aren’t common, but they unfortunately still exist. Luckily, we will offer you all the information you are looking for when it comes to store injuries.
What Are Common Store Injuries?
There is no limit to the potential accidents that can occur while on a store’s premises. Whether you get injured due to someone else’s negligence or by a common accident that occurs, the possibilities are endless.
Listed below are some of the most common sports injuries you could experience:
- Falls from spilled liquids: If a store or property’s floors have been recently cleaned or repaired, there should be the proper signs to warn others. If not, slipping from wet floors can cause anything from broken bones to major head injuries.
- Debris left in the store aisles: If there are things on the floor, or the aisles of a store are messy, there could be multiple ways in which you can hurt yourself.
- Products falling from high shelves: If products or merchandise isn’t properly placed on high shelves, there might be potential falls that can occur. Some injuries could include broken toes, spine injuries, or head injuries.
- Dangerous stairways or escalators: Some stairways don’t have the necessary railways or safety requirements, which can result in falls or injuries. On the other hand, escalators will sometimes malfunction and cause serious injuries to those using it.
- Faulty shopping carts: Shopping carts may have bad wheels, or broken frames, which can cause injuries if care is not practiced when they are being used. Additionally, people can sometimes lose control of their shopping carts and can smash into others.
- Poorly maintained sidewalks: Some sidewalks, aisles, or parking lots of stores can be icy, or improperly taken care of. In these cases, slip and falls can occur, which may result in broken bones or bruises.
For a free legal consultation with a store injury lawyer serving Tucson, call 866-499-8989
Determining Liability for Store Injuries
Before moving forward in a store injury lawsuit, you must first determine liability. To determine this, a few things must be considered:
- Did the lack of proper care in the store cause your injuries?
- Should the store have known about the poorly maintained conditions in the stores?
- If they did know, could they have improved the conditions for the safety of those visiting?
If the answer to these questions seems to be yes, it is made very clear that the store owner or manager can be held responsible. You must also look at the bigger picture and determine whether or not there were others that could’ve played a role in your accident.
Tucson Store Injury Lawyer Near Me 866-499-8989
How Can a Tucson Store Injury Attorney Help Your Case?
When you experience slip and fall injuries due to negligence in a store, you may be able to file a lawsuit against whoever is found liable. There are multiple steps that can be taken if you wish to have success in your case.
- Seek medical assistance: When you sustain injuries, it’s important to visit a health care professional and have them document your injuries. Even if your injuries aren’t major or don’t seem serious at the time, it’s important to still get looked at so that you can receive compensation for your injuries if there are any.
- Determine liability: As listed in the section above, you must first determine who will be held liable for your injuries. There are a few people that can be blamed, including the store owner, property manager, employees, or the overall company.
- Gather the necessary information: Once the previously listed steps are completed, you must gather the necessary information to make a strong case. In some cases, you will need to get accident reports, take pictures, speak to the store managers, and obtain witness testimony. Additionally, you will need to present the evidence for the damages you have sustained as a result of your accident.
- Speak to insurance companies with your lawyer: Your Tucson store injury attorney knows how to speak with insurance companies and outsmart their tricks. Most insurance companies will downplay injuries, and not offer a fair amount of compensation. Your lawyer can negotiate with the company and ensure you get the necessary amount of compensation.
Types of Damages You Can Claim from a Store Injury
Generally, injuries that you sustain while on a retailer’s premises allow you to receive high amounts in damages for an accident. Some of the damages you may be able to seek include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Any rehabilitation costs
- Ongoing medical costs for a serious injury
In order to claim the most amount of money, you will need a skilled slip and fall lawyer that understands store injury cases in Tucson.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Speak to a Store Injury Attorney in Tucson Today!
The situation can be incredibly stressful if you experience a store accident. Retails and insurance companies will put you through the wringer so that you don’t obtain a fair amount of compensation. Luckily, the team at Zanes Law Injury Lawyers will do everything we can to support you in your case.
If you are interested in pursuing a store injury accident lawsuit, contact us today. Our Tucson store injury lawyers offer free case evaluations so that you can rest assured that we know how to fight for your rights.