If you suffered a spinal cord injury in a motorcycle accident, it’s crucial to take action to protect your legal rights. Spinal cord damage can leave you partially or completely paralyzed, possibly for life, so don’t settle with an insurance company for less than you deserve. After receiving such a serious diagnosis, you should consult with an attorney.
A qualified Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyer can investigate the accident, help prove liability, and guide you through the legal process. If someone else’s negligence caused your injury, your lawyer could help you obtain financial compensation for medical expenses, lost income, and non-economic damages like loss of enjoyment of life.
How Will Spinal Cord Damage Affect My Life?
A spinal cord injury from a motorcycle accident can affect your life in many ways. Physically, you may face mobility challenges, requiring mobility aids and assistance with daily tasks.
Emotionally, coping with your injury can lead to depression, anxiety, and strained relationships. Financially, the medical expenses and long-term care associated with such a serious injury can be substantial, affecting your entire family.
Obtaining fair compensation is crucial for alleviating these challenges and adapting to your new circumstances.
For a free legal consultation, call 866-499-8989
What Kind of Damages Could I Seek in a Spinal Cord Injury Case?
When pursuing a spinal cord injury case after a motorcycle accident, a wide range of damages may be available. These damages aim to address the physical, emotional, and financial consequences of your injury.
Here are some examples of compensation you could recover in a spinal cord injury case:
- Medical expenses: You can pursue compensation for all past and future medical costs related to your spinal injury. This category includes hospital bills, surgeries, medication, physical therapy, and ongoing medical care.
- Lost wages: If your injury has caused you to miss work or has adversely affected your earning capacity, you can claim damages for lost wages and loss of future income.
- Pain and suffering: This type of compensation aims to address the physical and emotional distress associated with your spinal cord injury. It includes the pain, discomfort, and emotional trauma you endure.
- Rehabilitation: The cost of rehabilitation can be significant. You may qualify for compensation to cover this expense.
- Home care and assistance: If your condition necessitates in-home care or assistance with daily tasks, you can seek compensation for these services.
- Loss of quality of life: A spinal cord injury can affect your quality of life in profound ways. You could pursue damages for diminished life enjoyment, loss of independence, and limitations in activities.
- Punitive damages: In cases where the at-fault party’s actions were egregiously negligent or intentional, punitive damages may be available as a form of punishment.
- Emotional distress: Spinal cord damage can lead to severe psychological distress, including anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Financial compensation can help you access the mental health care and support you need.
- Home and vehicle modifications: If your home or vehicle requires adjustments to accommodate your new needs, you will need money to pay for these modifications.
- Loss of consortium: In some cases, the spouse or family members of the injured individual can claim damages for the loss of companionship and support.
Successfully navigating a case involving a catastrophic injury requires legal experience. Consulting with a qualified motorcycle accident attorney is essential to ensuring you receive a settlement or court award that supports your recovery and future well-being.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Filing a personal injury lawsuit is subject to a state-specific time limit, known as a statute of limitations. Here in Arizona, accident victims have a two-year window to file a lawsuit after the injury occurs. This period is outlined in Ariz. Rev. Stat. § 12-542.
While exceptions could extend or shorten this timeframe, it’s best to take legal action as soon as possible after a serious injury. Failing to do so might result in the loss of your right to seek compensation.
Also, the sooner you reach out to our team, the sooner you can recover the settlement or verdict you need to move forward with your life.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Contact Zanes Law for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one sustained a spinal cord injury in a motorcycle crash, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. At Zanes Law, we are committed to helping injured victims get justice. We understand the challenges you’re facing, and we’re here to help you recover the maximum compensation available in your case.
Your initial consultation is completely free, and there’s no obligation to retain our services. We handle cases on contingency, so you don’t pay anything upfront or out-of-pocket. Instead, our attorney fees come out of your final settlement or court award.
Call now or fill out the online contact form, and let’s discuss your case and the potential path to recovery.