Yes, even if you didn’t suffer physical injuries in a car accident, you could sue for other losses you’ve suffered. You still have a right to financial compensation if you’ve been in a non-injury car accident.
Our car accident lawyers in Phoenix explain how to pursue legal action after you’ve been in a car accident without any injuries. At Zanes Law, we’re dedicated to standing up for you and your legal rights.
What Damages Can You Recover If You Weren’t Injured in a Car Accident?
You can recover a wide variety of damages despite not suffering any physical injuries. Some of the damages our Phoenix car accident attorneys can help you recover include:
- Property damage: You can seek compensation for the repair or replacement costs of your damaged vehicle or other property (e.g., belongings inside the vehicle) affected by the accident.
- Emotional distress: Witnessing a traumatic event like a car accident can cause emotional distress. You might be able to recover damages for the psychological impact and emotional suffering you experienced.
- Loss of consortium: If the accident negatively affected your relationship with a spouse, partner, or family member due to their injuries or death, you might be able to seek damages for the loss of companionship, support, and services.
- Medical expenses: Even if you weren’t physically injured, you might have incurred medical expenses for evaluations, consultations, or therapy to address emotional distress resulting from the accident.
- Lost income or productivity: If the accident caused you to miss work or affected your ability to perform your job effectively, you might be able to seek compensation for lost income or reduced earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering: While pain and suffering damages are often associated with physical injuries, some jurisdictions allow for compensation if you experienced significant emotional distress due to the accident.
- Property value diminution: If your vehicle’s value has decreased due to the accident, you might be able to recover damages for the diminished value even if it has been repaired.
- Out-of-pocket expenses: Any additional expenses you incurred as a direct result of the accident, such as towing fees, rental car costs, or other incident-related expenses, could be recoverable.
You could be eligible for additional damages, depending on your case details. The only way to know is to reach out to our Phoenix team for a free case consultation to see if you have a case.
For a free legal consultation, call 866-499-8989
How Long do You Have to File After a Non-Injury Car Accident in Arizona?
Even though you didn’t suffer any physical injuries, you will still file a personal injury or wrongful death claim, depending on your situation. According to A.R.S. § 12-542, in Arizona, you must file a claim two years from the accident date. And if you lost a loved one in an accident, you’ll also have two years to file for wrongful death.
Since you didn’t suffer any injuries, the evidence you’ll need to include with your claim will need to prove the losses you’ve suffered. Some of the evidence our Phoenix car accident lawyers can help you collect include:
- Photos and videos of the accident to visually establish the scene and the extent of property damage.
- Obtaining the police report that outlines the incident’s details and contributes to the overall context.
- Gathering receipts for property damage repairs, demonstrating the financial impact of the accident.
- Compiling witness statements to corroborate your account and provide additional perspectives.
- Maintaining journal entries detailing your emotional state helps to illustrate the emotional distress you experienced.
- Preserving text messages and emails discussing your emotional state, offering firsthand accounts of your psychological challenges.
- Seeking subject expert opinions to strengthen your case and provide professional insights where needed.
Our experienced car accident attorneys understand the unique dynamics of non-injury claims and can guide you through the process, ensuring you have the evidence to support your case effectively. With the right evidence, your claim can accurately reflect the losses you’ve encountered, allowing you to pursue rightful compensation.
Why You Still Need a Car Accident Lawyer in a Non-Injury Car Accident
Many people think that because they didn’t suffer physical injuries, they don’t need a car accident lawyer to prove their case. However, a car accident that doesn’t result in injuries can be just as difficult to prove as an accident that does. Here are a few ways our Phoenix car accident attorneys at Zanes Law can help you after a non-injury car accident:
When you’ve been involved in a non-injury car accident, it’s easy to underestimate the challenges of the legal process. Our Phoenix car accident attorneys offer a free consultation to discuss your case’s specifics and help you understand the potential outcomes.
Even in cases without physical injuries, there could be hidden damages that an experienced Phoenix car accident attorney can identify. By taking advantage of our free consultation, you can gain valuable insights into your situation and make informed decisions.
Prove the Liable Party’s Negligence
While physical injuries might not be present, proving the liable party’s negligence is still important to your case. Our team of skilled attorneys has over 25 years of experience and can thoroughly investigate the accident and gather evidence demonstrating the responsible party’s negligence.
By entrusting our Phoenix car accident attorneys with this task, you ensure that your rights are protected and that you have a compelling case to present if negotiations with the at-fault driver’s insurance company are necessary. Having this evidence can help strengthen your case and improve your chances of recovering the maximum compensation.
Provide Legal Advice
The aftermath of a non-injury car accident can be overwhelming, especially when dealing with insurance companies, paperwork, and potential legal challenges. Our experienced Phoenix car accident attorneys can provide comprehensive legal advice tailored to your situation.
From understanding your rights and responsibilities to guiding you through negotiations, we’re here to simplify the process and help you make the right choices. Even in cases where physical injuries are absent, our legal help can make a significant difference in achieving a favorable outcome and receiving fair compensation.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Learn More About Your Legal Options After You’ve Been in a Non-Injury Car Accident
At Zanes Law, we want you to know all the options available to you after you’ve been in a non-injury accident. Our Phoenix car accident lawyer can meet with you for a free consultation to discuss the legal options that best fit your situation.