2021 Car Accident Scholarship
Congratulations to our 2020 scholarship recipient, find out more about our previous winners here!
As accident lawyers, we help clients who have suffered severe injuries in car crashes. In fact, Arizona had 129,750 car accidents just last year. As car accident lawyers, we have helped clients who suffered severe injuries. We have consoled clients who have lost family members to a careless driver. We have also seen car accident survivors who inspire us with their bravery and determination.
That is why our team at Zanes Law is accepting applications from college-bound students who were involved in a car accident and learned valuable life lessons from this experience. Our firm is offering a $1,000 scholarship that can be used toward tuition, room and board, books, and other fees at an accredited college or university.
We invite students to share about a time when you or someone you know personally was involved in a car accident, how you handled the aftermath, and what you learned from the experience.
- The candidate must submit a 750-word essay discussing the prompt: a time when you were personally involved in a car accident, how you handled the aftermath, and what you learned from the experience.
- The candidate must submit a resumé that lists their experience, both professional and academic.
- The candidate must submit a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school. High school students must also submit proof of acceptance to their college or university.
- The scholarship is open to any current high school senior, college student, or graduate student who is a legal resident of the United States. International students in the United States may also apply.
- All application must be submitted before midnight on June 30, 2021
- Candidates for this scholarship should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in good overall academic standing.
Application Deadline and Instruction
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their full application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to email@example.com by June 30, 2021. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be sent with the subject line “Zanes Law Car Accident Scholarship 2021 – [Your Name]”
The recipient of the Car Accident Scholarship will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline.
Suggestion to Help Your Essay
Your essay should focus on how a car accident affected your life, not the parties to blame or a detailed account of the collision. Our scholarship committee is looking for an applicant who best describes an enduring and positive attitude despite this misfortune.
Some of the points that you could include in your essay are:
- How you coped with your physical and emotional injuries
- What you did to help your family or friends who were also involved in the car accident
- What important life lesson(s) you gained from this experience
- We’d love to get to know you! In addition to your essay, send us a short video (under 3 minutes) introducing yourself with a brief overview of your essay.
Your Application is Confidential
All applications become the property of Zanes Law, but we will protect your privacy. We will not sell, distribute, transfer, or assign your personal information. Zanes Law may wish to publish the winner’s first name and last initial on our website, social media, and press releases. We will not publish your full name or contact information.