In most public buildings that have multiple levels, elevators are found. Elevators are very common, from shopping malls and apartment complexes to office buildings or parking garages. Unfortunately, with the surplus of these machines comes an abundance of accidents.
Elevator accidents aren’t uncommon and actually happen more often than some may think. If you incur major or even minor injuries due to a faulty elevator, you can file a premises liability claim against the at-fault party.
With the help of an elevator accident lawyer in Tucson from Zanes Law, your case can be taken seriously and awarded the compensation you are entitled to.
Types of Elevator Accidents That Can Cause Injuries
Elevators are typically inspected and maintained regularly, but sometimes, they can be unpredictable. Their actions are continuously monitored and recorded, which reduces the chance of serious accidents.
But, on the rare occasion that there are issues with an elevator, here are some of the most common things that can go wrong:
- Pulley system malfunctions: In this case, if the mechanism isn’t working properly, the elevator you are in can sometimes suddenly drop great distances. If this happens, those inside can be seriously injured.
- Open shafts: Sometimes, when elevators aren’t working properly, the doors can open for no reason, which may allow people to walk out and fall down many levels.
- Wiring that is faulty: Bad wiring within an electrical system can cause an elevator to malfunction. It might also cause electrocution to those if they touch a wire component or something that is connected to the wire.
- Incomplete repairs: Elevators should be regularly maintained, but sometimes, things can be missed or overlooked. If something was missed, injuries or serious accidents could occur.
- Leveling that’s unbalanced: In most cases, when any elevator reaches the floor, it should always line up perfectly. If not, the passengers inside could fall, break bones, or lose limbs.
- Surrounding fires: If a building has a fire or is experiencing issues, sprinkler systems can sometimes go off or the power can die, causing the elevator to also malfunction.
For a free legal consultation with a elevator accidents lawyer serving Tucson, call 866-499-8989
Who Is Liable for Elevator Accidents?
Suppose you find yourself injured in an accident that was caused by an elevator. In that case, it’s your best bet to determine liability with the help of a skilled Tucson elevator accident attorney. For all properties, the owners or management team need to comply with the set government regulations for elevator safety.
Here are a few examples of those that could be held liable for an elevator accident injury:
- Elevator manufacturer: When a company manufactures products, they are responsible for them to work properly. If there are design defects, manufacturing defects, or marketing defects, the manufacturer can be held liable for injuries.
- Elevator maintenance company: Companies that provide maintenance or specialized services owe a level of care to the machinery they are working on. If service providers fail to repair the elevator and don’t notify the proper people, they can be held accountable for injuries.
- Property owners: The owners of any property are responsible for everything that goes on in their buildings. Because of this duty, they owe all those who visit a safe environment. If they fail to get the necessary repairs or staff to come and inspect their elevators, they can be held responsible.
Elevators are often in buildings and public places, meaning they’re subject to premises liability laws. Your lawyer will need to examine the whole building and all those who could possibly be held liable for the injuries inflicted in order to determine who can take the most fault. It’s possible that more than one party can be considered negligent.
Tucson Elevator Accident Lawyer Near Me 866-499-8989
How Can an Elevator Accident Lawyer in Tucson Help Your Case?
It’s no secret that cases involving elevator injuries are complicated. Due to this, those wishing to file a lawsuit must have the necessary support. By hiring a premises liability lawyer, you will further understand your rights and be able to file a strong case.
Our attorneys will be able to prove fault from one of the parties listed above. From there, we will gather all the necessary information needed to win your case. We will obtain the police or accident report, speak with witnesses, take photos of the scene, and speak with insurance companies.
Due to the complexity of each case, our professionals are able to maneuver anything that is thrown their way. Your success and justice is at the top of our list of priorities.
Click to contact our Tucson Premises Liability Lawyers today
Common Elevator Injuries and the Compensation You Can Receive
In a Tucson elevator accident lawsuit, one can receive a few different types of compensation. This type of lawsuit is similar to other personal injury lawsuits, meaning that the award compensation is very similar.
Some compensation amounts you can recover include:
- Medical expenses: After you sustain injuries, you are expected to visit a health care professional to get your injuries checked out. If you undergo surgeries or treatment and need long-term care or rehabilitation, you may be able to claim it back. However, in order to do so, you must have your medical visits and diagnosis documented.
- Lost wages: When you are injured or experience a traumatic situation, work is the last of your worries. Unfortunately, you will lose income. If this is the case, a claim can sometimes recover all wages lost when you weren’t able to work.
- Pain and suffering: This damage is challenging to quantify, but it’s essential to consider. Loss of enjoyment of life can also be found within this category because when you are injured, you are unable to participate in the things you love. Due to this, you are not enjoying life.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Reach Out to a Tucson Elevator Accident Attorney Today
If you find yourself injured due to broken machinery on an unfortunate occasion, you can file a premises liability claim and get the compensation you are owed. As previously stated, cases involving elevator injuries can be tricky.
Still, our team of Tucson elevator accident lawyers at Zanes Law can do everything in their power to help you win your case. If you are ready to move forward with your case, contact us today. We offer free case evaluations so that you know what to expect throughout the process.Restaurants are popular, but dangerous places. If you are injured in a slip and fall at a restaurant, find out if you have a case. Zanes Law has restaurant injury lawyers in Tucson ready to hear your story. Call now or contact us online to schedule a free case evaluation.
Call or text 866-499-8989 or complete a
Free Case Evaluation form