Injuries sustained from a slip and fall can be quite challenging. You may find it difficult to move around as easily as usual, to do your own tasks, or to go to work. If you were hurt because of someone else’s negligence you might be able to file a personal injury claim.
Working with a slip and fall lawyer can assist you to obtain useful legal guidance that can improve your overall compensation and protect you from pitfalls that could reduce your settlement. In addition, a lawyer can handle negotiations with the insurance company so you can concentrate on healing.
If you were hurt because of someone else’s negligence and the accident occurred on their property, especially a commercial establishment, Zanes Law can help you to find out if you have grounds to seek compensatory damages for your injuries while you recuperate.
What Damages Are Recoverable Following a Slip-and-Fall Accident?
To receive compensation for a slip-and-fall accident, you must first demonstrate that you were injured. The amount you get will vary based on criteria such as the severity of your injuries and the scope of your insurance coverage, but typically, the following is often claimed:
- Expenses for medical care resulting from the accident
- Pain and suffering, especially the inability to enjoy once enjoyable activities
- Lost income due to time lost at work
- Lost earning capacity if your slip-and-fall injury prohibits you from returning to your old job permanently
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Goodyear, call 866-499-8989
Do I Need a Goodyear Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer?
If you sustained severe injuries in a slip-and-fall accident, you may question if you need a lawyer. After all, medical expenditures may mount up quickly, and you may struggle to manage your finances without adding expensive attorney fees to the picture.
Personal injury attorneys work on a contingency, so no costs are due until the case is resolved. Further, Having the right attorney on your side can make it easier to get compensation for your injuries. Your Goodyear slip and fall injury attorney will offer extensive experience to every case.
A lawyer can help you enhance your overall compensation and prevent pitfalls that might reduce it. A lawyer may also negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf, freeing up your time to focus on recuperation and healing.
Goodyear Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 866-499-8989
Insurance Companies Will Fight To Minimize Your Claim
Personal injury insurance claims are sometimes processed quickly and easily. In other cases, though, the insurer could try to dispute the payout. Insurance firms frequently resort to tried-and-true strategies for lowering costs. Some of these tactics might include:
- After an accident, the business may make a settlement offer. Neither your medical expenses nor your pain and suffering may be fully covered by the amount. Your acceptance of this offer will bar you from recovering any more expenses in the future.
- The business can try to show that your injuries were already there before your slip-and-fall incident, or that they were exacerbated by something else.
- The company may seek to demonstrate that you caused your own injuries, either by entering a restricted area or by choosing to participate in horseplay.
- The defendant may attempt to assert that you overstated your ailments or that they restrict you less than you actually say.
- If you’ve been injured, they could try to catch you in the act of doing something you should be limiting or avoiding by using your social media against you or by other means
A slip and fall lawyer in Goodyear can investigate to find out who can be held liable for your slip and fall injuries.
Click to contact our Goodyear Personal Injury Lawyers today
Common Slip-and-Fall Injuries
The phrase “slip and fall” refers to only a cause and not a specific kind of harm. Falling down can cause a little embarrassment, but sometimes a slip and fall can lead to a physical injury. Injuries can be quite mild, quite severe, and even fatal in some cases.
The most common injuries from trips, slips and falls are as follows:
- Arm, hand, and wrist injuries
- Facial injuries
- Broken teeth
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Hip fractures
- Herniated discs
- Knee injuries
- Back injuries
Falls can also cause spinal cord injuries, which can severely affect your quality of life. If your injuries were due to someone else’s carelessness, a slip-and-fall lawyer in Goodyear can help you sue the property owner who caused your injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Statistics on Slip and Fall injuries
The annual number of slip-and-fall casualties and the severity of injuries is really alarming. Slip-and-fall accident data cover injuries from a variety of locations.
From workers injured on the job to consumers injured while visiting a business, the figures provide a comprehensive overview of all the victims of these incidents each year.
Clearly, slips and falls are quite prevalent, and the resulting injuries can be severe. If you suffered an injury after a slip and fall, you are not alone. A slip and fall injury lawyer in Goodyear can help you to seek compensation. Here are some recent slip and fall statistics.
- Every year, about a million people go to the emergency department after injuring themselves in a slip and fall
- Falls are the primary cause of unintentional injuries
- The majority of workers’ compensation claims are the result of slips and falls
- An estimated 15,000 seniors over the age of 65 died as a result of a fall in 2015
Contact a Slip and Fall Accident Law Firm in Goodyear Today
Under Arizona’s premise liability statute, all company owners, homeowners, and public space administrators are required to keep their properties safe for visitors. Injuries may occur if a property owner fails to maintain a safe public place.
If you or a loved one has been hurt due to someone else’s negligence, you should immediately engage our expert Goodyear slip-and-fall attorney. With over a decade of expertise and millions of dollars recovered, we are ready to handle even the most difficult cases.
Do not accept less than you truly deserve. Do not allow a property owner or insurance company to frighten you into thinking that you have no case. Let us instead fight for you. Zanes Law operates on a contingency-fee-basis, so you don’t pay anything unless we win.
Call or text 866-499-8989 or complete a
Free Case Evaluation form