Large commercial truck operators must always stay alert to keep other motorists out of harm’s way. Trucking companies are also required to take certain measures to ensure that their vehicles and drivers don’t pose a risk to Avondale residents.
Sadly, truck drivers and their employers don’t always live up to legal obligations and the rules of the road. If you’ve been injured in a trucking accident due to negligence, the team at Zanes Law can help you obtain compensation. Our truck accident attorneys in Avondale will fight for the damages you need to bounce back after a serious crash.
How an Avondale Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Tending to injuries sustained in an auto accident can be time-consuming and expensive. Fortunately, a truck accident attorney from our office can handle the legal side of things while you get the rest and medical treatment you need to recuperate.
Your attorney will begin your case by conducting a thorough investigation of the accident. They’ll comb through evidence, find out how the accident occurred, and determine who’s to blame. Once they’ve found enough evidence to prove who is liable for your losses, they’ll file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance provider.
Your lawyer will keep you updated throughout the entire course of your claim and answer any questions you have about the legal process. To ensure that your claim is compliant, they’ll meet all relevant government deadlines and requirements. Your attorney will work hard to get the results you need, even if they have to fight for your compensation in court.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Avondale, call 866-499-8989
Potential Liable Parties in an Avondale Truck Accident Case
For an 18-wheeler or commercial truck to run safely, it requires the work and attention of a number of different parties. A serious accident can happen if anyone involved with the vehicle fails to do their job properly. Your Avondale truck accident lawyer will use the evidence they find during the investigation to determine who is liable for your injuries and financial losses.
Potentially liable parties include but aren’t limited to:
- The driver: If your attorney finds that the truck driver was distracted, fatigued, under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or driving recklessly before the crash occurred, the driver may be held responsible for your injuries.
- The trucking company: If it’s found that the trucking company pressured the driver to skip rest breaks, failed to hire a licensed driver, or failed to train the driver properly, your lawyer may file a claim with the company’s insurer.
- The local government: Local government officials are required to keep Avondale’s roads safe for all motorists. If your crash was caused by an unfilled pothole, a damaged road sign, or another issue that could have been fixed, A.R.S § 12-821.01 allows you to take action against the government.
- Cargo loaders: Poorly secured or balanced cargo can become unattached from a truck and even cause an 18-wheeler to tip over. If a cargo issue caused your collision, the company responsible for loading the truck might be held liable for your losses.
- Parts manufacturer: Defective brakes and other faulty truck parts can cause the driver to lose control of the vehicle and swerve into another motorist. If you’ve been injured in a crash caused by a poorly designed or manufactured truck part, a truck accident attorney can file a claim with the at-fault company.
Avondale Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 866-499-8989
Damages You Might Receive From a Truck Accident Claim
A truck accident lawyer will refer to your medical bills, prior paychecks, vehicle repair invoices, and other documents to determine which damages you’re owed. They’ll make sure your settlement is large enough to cover all the losses you’ve sustained. If your case is successful, you could receive one or more of the following damages:
Economic damages can compensate for any concrete financial losses you’ve sustained as a result of the collision. Such losses may include current and future medical expenses, the cost of rehabilitative therapy and assistive devices, lost wages, decreased earning ability, and vehicle repair bills.
Non-economic damages can make up for losses that don’t have an immediately obvious dollar value. If your injuries have caused you unbearable pain, mental anguish, or loss of enjoyment of life, these damages can help you ease the burden of your suffering.
Losses like mental anguish and physical pain don’t have a clear price tag like most economic losses do. Your truck accident lawyer will use special calculations to determine how much you’re owed for each non-economic loss. Then, they’ll fight for the compensation you need to make your life more pleasant and comfortable.
Don’t Wait to Hire a Truck Accident Attorney in Avondale
Delaying legal action after a truck accident is one of the worst things you can do. Hiring an attorney ASAP will allow your lawyer to collect evidence while it’s still fresh and interview eyewitnesses while their memories of the event are still intact.
Taking swift legal action will also show insurers that your claim is serious and that the accident significantly impacted your health and finances. Hiring a lawyer soon will also allow them to file a lawsuit before Arizona’s deadline for auto collision cases.
According to A.R.S. § 12-542, you have two years from the date of your collision to submit a civil suit. Failure to act within this timeframe could put your claim in jeopardy. While there are several exceptions and workarounds your Avondale truck accident attorney can use to file a lawsuit after the deadline, it’s best to abide by state law and act quickly.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get the Representation You Need to Recover From Your Injuries
Our team has delivered impressive case results for countless clients. The accident victims we’ve helped greatly appreciate our expert counsel and reliable representation. To see what folks have to say about our services, visit our testimonials page.
If you’ve been injured in a truck collision, you’ll need the help of an experienced truck accident lawyer to get the damages you deserve. At Zanes Law, our truck accident attorneys in Avondale have years of experience helping injury victims get the resources they need to get their lives back on track. Contact us today to get started on your case.