The loss of a loved one in an accident is an overwhelming tragedy; fortunately, there is help available. If your loved one has been killed in a wrongful death accident in Arizona, you may be entitled to compensation to help deal with the financial consequences through a wrongful death lawsuit.
While no amount of compensation can make up for your loved one’s death, a settlement can alleviate the financial hardship caused by the tragedy. A wrongful death lawyer in Yuma, AZ, can handle the legal technicalities of filing a claim to help your family seek the compensation you deserve.
If a family member has died in an accident in Arizona that involved the fault of an individual or organization, call Zanes Law at (833)-629-7684 for a free and confidential consultation to get started with your claim.
A wrongful death case may be thought of as a personal injury case for the deceased person who can no longer file a suit, so it is brought to court by close family members on their behalf.
Arizona liability laws are complicated, but a wrongful death lawyer in Yuma, AZ, can navigate through them to help you pursue the settlement you deserve. The wrongful death accident lawyers at Zanes Law know the courts, the judges, and the system to help you get started with your case. Call Zanes Law at (833)-629-7684 for a free and confidential consultation today.
There are many ways a wrongful death accident may occur. Common ways include:
In most situations, your wrongful death lawyer in Yuma, AZ, will have to show that the individual, corporation, or government entity you are suing was negligent and failed to exercise ordinary care to prevent foreseeable injury to others. An example of this kind of negligence would be a driver who caused a car accident by speeding through a red light.
No matter what caused your loved one’s death, your Yuma wrongful death attorney can assist you in pursuing the negligent party and help your family begin to heal. Call Zanes Law at (833)-629-7684 for a free consultation today.
Arizona law places limits on who can file a wrongful death claim, the time limit for filing, and the damages which may be collected. There are also comparative negligence laws involved. Your wrongful death accident lawyer will examine your individual situation and determine how the laws apply in your case.
Only certain close relatives are entitled to file a wrongful death claim. These typically include:
Similar to Arizona’s statute of limitations for filing personal injury claims (12-542) Arizona law requires that wrongful death claims must generally be filed within two years of the date of the victim’s death or the court will likely refuse to hear the case.
In cases where a public entity such as a school district, municipality, or the State of Arizona contributed to wrongful death, there are special timing requirements and procedures. A “Notice of Claim” must be filed within 180 days, and a lawsuit must be initiated within one year after the cause of action.
These deadlines may be extended under certain circumstances. Your Arizona wrongful death lawyer will assist you in complying with all deadlines.
In a wrongful death case in Arizona, liability is expressed solely in terms of money damages. There are two general categories of damages—losses to the deceased person’s estate and losses suffered by family members.
Losses to the estate are typically paid to the estate and may include:
Losses suffered by family members are typically paid to them directly, and may include:
In Arizona, family members must decide how to divide the total damages award among themselves or the court will order how the damages will be divided.
Arizona wrongful death cases are judged based on a percentage of responsibility. Even if your loved one was partially at fault for their accident, the law protects your right to recover damages from the liable party on a pro-rated basis. For example, if the court found your loved one 10% responsible for the accident, your wrongful death claim could still seek compensation for the remaining 90 percent of the resulting damages.
If you have lost a family member in an Arizona wrongful death accident, you do not have to face going through the complicated process of recovering your damages alone. The wrongful death accident lawyers in Yuma, AZ, at Zanes Law know what you are going through and have the resources to fight for the settlement you deserve.
Contact us today at (833)-629-7684 for a free, no-obligation consultation. You pay nothing unless and until we win for you.