Ep #53: Accidents in Mexico
- Doug Zanes
- July 28, 2015
On this episode of Zanes Law Personal Injury Legal Tips, your host, Doug Zanes, takes a deep dive into the highly-relevant topic to folks who live in the states that border with Mexico – making a claim when there’s been an accident in Mexico, as well as making a claim against a party at fault if they happen to be a Mexican citizen when an accident happened on the U.S. soil.
Listen in to learn how you can protect yourself and your family in case of a car accident in Mexico. Discover what your insurance options are and how the process of bringing up a claim against a party at fault when the accident happened outside of the U.S. soil works. Doug also explains what happens when you get into an accident in the United States with someone from Mexico and what you would need to do to resolve the matter.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Whether your insurance covers you vehicle outside of the U.S.
- Your insurance options if you’re driving your vehicle in Mexico.
- The issues with that type of insurance.
- What happens when you get in a car accident in Mexico.
- Whether you can sue the party at fault.
- What happens when you get into an accident in the United States with someone from Mexico.
- Your options when you’re involved in a non-vehicle-related accident in Mexico.