What Can I Do If My Ovarian Cancer Or Mesothelioma Is A Result Of Talcum Powder?
- Zanes Law Web Team
- September 3, 2019
If you have been diagnosed with ovarian cancer or mesothelioma after regular, long-term use of talcum powder, you can file a product liability lawsuit against the manufacturer of the talcum powder and possibly other companies involved in the supply chain for the product you used.
Contact an Attorney As Soon As Possible
Research is on your side. Studies have already linked talcum powder products to an increased risk of ovarian cancer, like one published in JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute. The asbestos in talcum powder has also been connected to mesothelioma. People are winning over $300 million in punitive damages, and talcum powder manufacturers are starting to settle cases to avoid the costs, complications, and publicity of a drawn-out trial.
Now is the time to contact a lawyer who knows ovarian cancer or mesothelioma is a result of talcum powder can help you with your case.
The Basis for a Lawsuit Against Talcum Powder Manufacturers
Talcum powder manufacturers are liable for these illnesses for a couple of key reasons. First, they manufactured a product that caused injury. Under the rules of strict product liability, this alone makes the manufacturer (as well as potentially the seller or distributor) of the talcum powder liable for your ovarian cancer or mesothelioma.
Second, documentation has surfaced proving that these corporate giants have known about the health risks of their talcum powder products for years, and they did nothing to warn the consumer about the inherent danger of using these products.
Damages You May Recover in Your Talcum Powder Lawsuit
Every case presented in a talcum powder lawsuit is different. The damages you recover depend on many variables. Some of the damages you may recover in your lawsuit include:
- Emergency transportation
- Doctors’ fees, including fees for future treatment
- Medical care, including future and ongoing care
- Surgeons’ fees, including fees for future treatment
- Prescription medicines
- Home modifications
- Assistive mobility devices
- Replacement services (housekeeping, lawn maintenance, childcare, etc.)
- Lost income and benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished future potential earnings
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
If your loved one died from ovarian cancer or mesothelioma caused by talcum powder, you may also be entitled to pursue wrongful death action to recover funeral and burial costs, as well as the greater loss—the loss of companionship and a loving relationship.
Hiring an Attorney to Represent You in Your Quest for Compensation
When you look for an attorney to represent you in your talcum-powder product liability case, be sure to qualify the firm’s track record for delivering results via settlements and verdicts.
Most personal injury lawyers work on contingency, meaning you do not pay them unless and until you win your case. If you find a firm where this is not the case, strongly consider moving on, as product liability trials are often expensive.
Furthermore, do not underestimate the value of customer focus. You will develop a relationship with your attorney over the course of your case. Make sure you have a good feeling about the people you will be working with before you get too far into the process.
What You Can Expect from Zanes Law
Here is what you can expect after placing a call to our office:
- You will speak with a member of the Zanes Law team so you can share the details of your case—your illness, the regularity and frequency of your talcum powder use, etc. so we have a solid understanding of your legal options.
- Our team will meet with you within 24 hours of your phone call for an in-person interview. We will outline the roadmap that we will be traversing in our journey for compensation and answer any questions or concerns you have about the legal action you are taking.
- Within 48 hours of this meeting, we will introduce you to your personal team, which will include your lawyer, case manager, and settlement coordinator.
Call Zanes Law Today for a Free Consultation
Contact Zanes Law today for your free case review. We will do everything from A to Z to ensure you receive compensation if your ovarian cancer or mesothelioma is a result of talcum powder. Call us at (866) 499-8989 for a free case review.
Get Your Free Case Evaluation