Woman Arrested For DUI Hit-And-Run With Pedestrian
- Doug Zanes
- June 7, 2019 Car Accidents
A 25-year-old woman has been arrested after hitting a pedestrian with her vehicle while under the influence of alcohol and then fleeing the scene of the crash.
Tucson.com recently reported that the fatal crash happened on Wednesday, May 8th, at approximately 9:30 p.m. in the neighborhood of East Sunrise Drive and North Hacienda del Sol Road.
911 dispatchers received numerous calls of a man standing in the road. By the time Pima County Sheriff’s deputies arrived on the scene, they found the man lying in the roadway with what officials described as “obvious signs of trauma” that were likely caused by being hit by a motor vehicle. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
So far, his identity has not been released.
After finding the suspect vehicle a short distance away from the fatal crash scene, Pima County Sheriff’s Office deputies have arrested Daniela Shelby, 25, on suspicion of driving while under the influence of alcohol, manslaughter and for fleeing the scene of a fatal crash.
The Pima County Sheriff’s Office also issued a statement that the unidentified crash victim appears to have likely been struck by more than one vehicle.
The fatal crash is still currently under investigation. The Pima County Sheriff’s Office is asking for anyone who has any further information regarding the incident to call 911 or to leave an anonymous tip at 88-CRIME.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
01 Feb 2019
29 Oct 2019
Related Blog Posts
16 Feb 2017
30 Nov 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Three Children Are In Critical Condition After A Roll Over Crash
- Police Prepare To Implement Stay-At-Home Orders In Arizona
- A Passenger Suffering From Gunshot Wounds Was Involved In A Rollover Crash
- A Tanker Explodes Off Of Interstate 40, The Fire Lasting Into The Morning Hours
- Details About A Crash That Injured A Motorcyclist And Its Passenger Remain Unclear