Two Pedestrians Injured In Restaurant Crash
- Casey Hamm
- June 11, 2020 Pedestrian Accidents
A driver crashed his SUV into a restaurant in Scottsdale’s Old Town last week, leaving two pedestrians outside the restaurant injured.
The AZ Family reports that the crash happened on Thursday, June 4th, at approximately 7:30 p.m. near Drinkwater and Stetson Drive when a man lost control of his Chevy Suburban. The vehicle jumped the sidewalk, hitting the two women. The black SUV then rammed right through the entrance of DJ’s Scottsdale Bar & Grill.
Sgt. Ben Hoster, with the Scottsdale Police Department, said in a statement that the driver, 52-year-old Alami Hussain, then fled the scene of the crash on foot. Sgt. Hoster told reporters that police officers found Hussain behind the business a short time later. He was placed under arrest and is facing the charge of fleeing the scene of an accident involving serious injury.
One of the women who was struck by Hussain’s SUV is being treated for what has been described as life-threatening injuries. The other woman suffered critical injuries in the crash. At the time of the report, authorities had not yet released their identities.
According to Sgt. Hoster, the investigation is ongoing. So far, investigators have not ruled out impairment by alcohol or drugs, or whether other medical issues may have led to the crash.
Related Blog Posts
11 Mar 2015
25 Feb 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Police Chase The Driver A Stolen Car With A Child Inside. The Driver Is Still At Large.
- A Woman Is Pulled Over Without Overt Reason And Was Assaulted By A Police Officer
- The Hopi Community Mourns The Loss Of A Hoop Dancer
- A Chemical Leak At Amazon Warehouse Sparks A Fire
- Four Τeens Are Involved In Car Crash Into The Fence Of A Home