Toyota Issues Fuel Pump Recall
- Doug Zanes
- January 14, 2020 Safety Tips
Toyota Motor Company recently announced that it is recalling nearly 700,000 vehicles sold in the United States due to a faulty fuel pump. The defect can cause cars to stall while they are being driven and can increase the risk of a crash for drivers and passengers of the affected vehicles.
ABC 15 in Phoenix reports that the recall affects the following vehicles for both the 2018 and 2019 model years but is not limited to the following models:
- 2018 & 2019 Lexus models LS 500 LC 500, C 350, RC 300, GS 350, IS 300, ES 350, LX 570, GX 460, and RX 350
- Some models of the 2018 & 2019 4Runner, Land Cruiser, Camry, Highlander, Sequoia, Sienna, Tacoma, and Tundra models.
- Also included are some 2019 Avalon and Corolla models
Toyota issued a statement earlier this week saying that if such a failure does occur and the fuel pump does stop working, warning lights would indicate the failure and the vehicle’s engine would possibly begin “running rough” indicating that the fuel pump had either failed or is failing.
The statement issued by the automaker also said: “This can result in a vehicle stall, and the vehicle may be unable to be restarted. If a vehicle stall occurs while driving at higher speeds, this could increase the risk of a crash.”
The automaker has said that buyers of the affected vehicles will be able to have their vehicles repaired or the part replaced free of charge. Toyota is urging con summers to check on its website at Toyota.com/recall or to check with the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) website at nhtsa.gov/recalls. On either website, consumers may enter their vehicle’s VIN or license plate information to learn whether their vehicle has been affected by the recall.
Toyota says that they are further investigating the issue and are working on a remedy for consumers at this time.
Related Blog Posts
11 Jul 2014
17 Nov 2014
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Arizona Citizens Mourn The Loss of A Brave Helicopter Pilot
- Two Motorcyclists Dead In Violent Crashes In Phoenix
- Cyclist Crashes Into Pecan Grove, Dies In Accident
- A Beloved Member Of The Peoria Police Force Lost His Life In A Car Accident
- A Dangerous Roll Over Crash At An Intersection Leaves One Person Dead