SUV Driver Dies After Vehicle Gets Wedged Under SUV
- Casey Hamm
- December 30, 2019 Truck Accidents
One person died last Thursday after their SUV became wedged under a semi-tractor trailer rig in Phoenix.
According to a story filed on the AZ Family website, the accident happened just after 6:15 a.m. on Thursday, December 26th, near the intersection of McDowell Road and 27th Avenue.
The Phoenix Police Department investigators say that a man was headed northbound on 27th Avenue when his vehicle collided with a 2005 Freightliner rig hauling a trailer. The 18-wheeler was just leaving a parking lot heading southbound.
Police say the driver, who was the sole occupant of the SUV, died at the scene of the crash. Authorities have identified the victim as Jairo Quinonez, 32.
The 45-year-old driver of the big rig, whose name has not been released, was not injured in the crash. He stayed at the scene of the fatal crash until police released him. Investigators say that the driver of the 18-wheeler was not impaired by drugs or alcohol at the time of the accident.
Police believe that Quinonez may have been speeding at the time of the crash. The area near Intestate 10 that surrounded the crash scene was closed off while police investigated and the wreckage was removed. Police say that the accident is still currently under investigation.
No further information has been released at this time.
Related Blog Posts
26 May 2015
07 Aug 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Police Chase The Driver A Stolen Car With A Child Inside. The Driver Is Still At Large.
- A Woman Is Pulled Over Without Overt Reason And Was Assaulted By A Police Officer
- The Hopi Community Mourns The Loss Of A Hoop Dancer
- A Chemical Leak At Amazon Warehouse Sparks A Fire
- Four Τeens Are Involved In Car Crash Into The Fence Of A Home