Scooter Struck By Vehicle Near Railroad Crossing
- Doug Zanes
- May 15, 2019 Accidents
Along with motorcycles and mopeds, scooters are popular vehicles for those who want a low-cost, economical way to get around. Even though they are affordable and convenient ways to get around town, these smaller vehicles are prone to getting into serious accidents.
AZ Central reports that a Tempe man is currently in the hospital after his vehicle was hit on Wednesday morning just after 8:00 a.m.Tempe police have not released the name of the driver of the scooter, only saying that the 20-year-old man was traveling northbound on Baseline Road near the intersection of Kyrene Road when he was struck by another vehicle near the railroad crossing. Authorities have not released any other details regarding the accident.
According to the Arizona Republic, public records indicate that from June to December of 2019 there were more than 119 scooter accidents of this type reported in Tempe.
The Bird Scooter is one of three different models of electric scooters that are in use in the City of Tempe. The other companies offering scooters to Tempe commuters are Lime and Razor. When the City of Tempe announced that it planned to raise the fees it imposes on scooter rental companies, both Lime and Razor announced they would be pulling out of the city, leaving only Bird as the only company in operation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
07 Jan 2019
07 Jan 2019
Related Blog Posts
30 Jan 2015
04 Aug 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- A Dangerous Roll Over Crash At An Intersection Leaves One Person Dead
- Two People Die In A Motorcycle Accident On Indian School Road
- Arizona Cardinals Rookie Wide Receiver Crashes Into Lake Erie
- Three GoPlus Strollers Are Being Recalled Due To Space Surrounding The Stroller Tray
- A Pedestrian Is In Critical Condition After A Hit-And-Run Accident. The Driver Is Still At Large.