Rollover Crash Near Pima Kills Three Teens, Injures Six Others
- Doug Zanes
- February 24, 2020 Car Accidents
AZ Central reported on its website that three teens were killed, and six others were injured when the van they were riding in was involved in a rollover crash near Pima on Friday.
Authorities say that the van was registered to Eastern Arizona College in Thatcher and was headed back from the National Hotrod Association Event that was being held in Chandler. There were nine people in the van when it crashed, including the driver, a student from the college and seven high school students.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said that the crash happened at approximately 10:00 p.m. along U.S. Route 70. The van was traveling eastbound when it crossed the center line into the westbound lanes of the divided highway, veered off the roadway and went into a rollover crash.
Three of the teens were pronounced dead at the scene of the accident, while the six others inside the van were taken to an area hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries. The names of the victims have not been released at this time.
According to Kris McBride, director of marketing and public relations for EAC, the community has joined together to support and express their heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of those lost in the tragic accident. A truck procession that went from Pima High School to Fort Thomas High School was held on Saturday in honor of the students who were killed.
The accident is still under investigation by the Arizona Department of Public Safety. Impairment does not appear to have played any role in the crash.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
07 Jan 2019
07 Jan 2019
Related Blog Posts
18 Feb 2015
18 May 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- A Tesla Driver Experiences Non-Life-threatening Injuries After An Accident With An Ambulance And A Safety Cruiser
- Two Brothers Die In From An Electrical Current On Lake Pleasant
- A Teenager Is Removed From Life Support After An Intersection Accident
- Relative Of The Pinal County Sheriff Is Under Investigation After A Bicycle Collision
- An Uptick In Speeding Amid Clear Roadways Results In More Fatalities