Overturned Vehicle Accident Kills One
- Doug Zanes
- February 28, 2019 Car Accidents
A driver has been arrested after a multi-vehicle crash in southeast Fresno on Sunday night ended with one person dead.
ABC affiliate station 30 in Fresno reports that fatal crash happened at approximately 6:50 p.m. just south of Church Street on Chestnut Avenue.
One driver, whose vehicle was overturned in the crash, told investigators with the Fresno Police Department that his vehicle was struck from behind as they were driving northbound on Chestnut Avenue. The vehicle that struck them then veered sharply into the southbound lanes. It then hit another car that was traveling southbound and was occupied by two seniors and their 10-year-old grandchild. They were uninjured in the crash.
Police say that there were five occupants in the overturned vehicle, including a father and mother, boy and girl and a family friend. Police investigators say that the family friend was pronounced dead at the scene.
Both children were transported to Valley Children’s Hospital to be checked out, while the adults were taken to Community Regional Medical Center. No word has been released on their current condition.
The driver that caused the accident has been arrested for felony DUI.
No further information has been released at this time.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
07 Jan 2019
07 Jan 2019
Related Blog Posts
18 Feb 2015
18 May 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Investigators Believe Impairment Was Involved In A Crash That Killed Two People
- A Pedestrian Died In A Hit-And-Run Crash Near Indian School Road
- Persecution Involving A Head-On, Rear End Collision Is Halted Due To Insufficient Evidence
- Prosecution Of A Driver Involved In A Head-On, Rear-End Accident That Caused The Death Of Two Will Not Move Forward
- A Woman Warns The Public About The Danger Of Hot Cars