One Killed, Five Injured In Crash On 43rd Avenue
- Doug Zanes
- December 13, 2019 Car Accidents
One person has been killed, and five other people were injured in a multi-vehicle crash that happened in Phoenix on Thursday night.
The AZ Family reported on its website that the crash occurred just after 5:30 p.m. near the intersection of 43rd Avenue and Olive Avenue. The driver of a Honda Pilot collided with a sedan as it was pulling out of the driveway of an area business. In a chain reaction, the sedan was thrown into the path of a Chevy Tahoe that was heading southbound on 43rd Avenue.
Investigators with the Phoenix Police Department told reporters that the driver of the sedan was rushed to an area hospital for treatment, but later died as the result of injuries he suffered in the crash. His identity has not been released. The area surrounding the crash was closed off to traffic for a period of time while police conducted their investigations.
The driver of the Tahoe and three passengers who were in the vehicle with him at the time of the crash were also taken to the hospital with only minor injuries. The driver of the Honda Pilot was taken to the hospital with moderate injuries that are considered to be non-life threatening.
In a statement, Phoenix Police Department spokesperson, Sgt. Mercedes Fortune said that impairment by drugs or alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the crash.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
10 Dec 2019
20 Jan 2020
Related Blog Posts
22 Aug 2016
16 Sep 2016
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Students Hold A House Party Celebrating Graduation Amid The Corvid-19 Pandemic
- Three Children Are In Critical Condition After A Roll Over Crash
- Police Prepare To Implement Stay-At-Home Orders In Arizona
- A Passenger Suffering From Gunshot Wounds Was Involved In A Rollover Crash
- A Tanker Explodes Off Of Interstate 40, The Fire Lasting Into The Morning Hours