Motorcyclist Killed On Miller Road Near I-10
- Doug Zanes
- May 29, 2019 Motorcycle Accidents
Weekends are the perfect time for motorcycle enthusiasts to get together with friends who also ride and just enjoy the open road. There is nothing quite like the freeing sensation of seeing the world from the back of a motorcycle. Unfortunately, motorcyclists are more exposed to the hazards of the road as other motorists. When an accident does occur, bikers are far more likely to be seriously injured or killed.
According to a story appearing on the AZ Central website, on the morning of Sunday, May 19th, a motorcyclist was killed while he was out riding with friends in Buckeye.
The accident occurred near the Love’s Travel Shop on Miller Road near Interstate 10 when two of the motorcyclists in a group of riders collided and spilled their bikes. Both motorcyclists were transported to the hospital for treatment. One biker was reported to have been alert and talking while the other motorcyclist was listed in critical condition.
The critically injured cyclist later died as the result of the injuries he sustained in the crash. Buckeye Police later released the victim’s identity as Edgar Acevedo, 19. Acevedo was a member of the National Guard and had recently transferred his duty station to Arizona from Illinois.
The cause of the accident is still currently under investigation by the Arizona Department of Public Safety and the Buckeye Police Department.
Related Blog Posts
19 Feb 2019
15 Sep 2017
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- A Potential New Law May Decrease Fees For Speeding Under 10 Miles Per Hour
- Three Fatal Crashes In One Week Near Ridge Road Attracts ADOT’s Attention
- Fatal Wrong-Way Accident Leaves The Victim Dead And The Driver In Critical Condition
- Rollover Crash Near Pima Kills Three Teens, Injures Six Others
- A Car Crash Involving An SUV And A Sedan Leaves A 10-Year Old Girl And Several Teenagers With Injuries