Man Suspected Of DUI Causes Motorcycle Wreck
- Doug Zanes
- May 2, 2019 Injuries
Even if someone isn’t physically caught up in a crash, they can still be involved in one. According to a story on the AZ Family website, that is what authorities in Phoenix believe happened in a crash on Sunday, April 28th.
Phoenix Police have arrested Alfred Brown Jr., 29, on suspicion of DUI in a crash that happened near 52nd Street and McDowell Road a little before 10:00 a.m. The incident caused a motorcyclist to crash.
Investigators say that Brown had been traveling southbound at a high rate of speed when he rear-ended a motorcyclist on a 2006 Harley Davidson. The 29-year-old biker was thrown off of his vehicle. He was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
The motorcyclist was transported to an area hospital for treatment and is currently listed in critical condition. Authorities have not yet released his identity.
Brown himself was uninjured in the accident. Police on the scene say that Brown remained at the scene of the accident. Brown showed signs of impairment and he submitted to a blood alcohol test.
A spokesperson for the Phoenix Police Department said that Brown was arrested and booked into jail on the charges of aggravated assault. Investigators say that depending on the results of the lab tests, Brown could be facing additional charges.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
07 Jun 2019
14 Aug 2019
Related Blog Posts
03 Dec 2015
09 Sep 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- A Cardiologist Is Moved To Tears At This Police Officer’s Heart-Warming Gesture
- A Pedestrian Was Struck And Killed By A Garbage Truck
- A Community Mourns The Loss Of A Police Officer Responding To A Domestic Violence Incident
- Students Hold A House Party Celebrating Graduation Amid The Corvid-19 Pandemic
- Three Children Are In Critical Condition After A Roll Over Crash