Man Burns To Death In Intersection Crash
- Doug Zanes
- May 14, 2019 Car Accidents
At least one person was killed and several others injured in a fiery, two-vehicle crash in Peoria just before the weekend on Friday, May 10th.
AZ Central reports that the accident happened in the area of Lake Pleasant Parkway and Westwing Parkway at approximately 5:00 p.m. Brandon Windhal, 19, was a passenger in a Ford F-150 pickup truck. The truck had a head-on collision with a southbound black sedan that was attempting to make a left turn on to Westwing Parkway.
The crash sent the pickup into a traffic signal pole at the intersection where it burst into flame. Emergency crews pronounced Windhal dead at the scene of the accident. Two additional passengers who were also riding in the pickup truck at the time of the crash were taken to an area hospital and are listed with severe injuries.
Authorities say that the driver of the sedan, an 18-year-old woman, suffered only minor injuries. Her identity has not been released. So far, neither the condition or the identity of the driver of the pickup truck was released by police.
Both the north and southbound lanes of Lake Pleasant Parkway were affected after the crash. Police blocked off access from Pinnacle Vista to Loop 303 for several hours while investigators and cleanup crews were at the scene.
The accident is still currently under investigation. So far no charges have been filed in the case.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
07 Jan 2019
07 Jan 2019
Related Blog Posts
18 Feb 2015
18 May 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Investigators Believe Impairment Was Involved In A Crash That Killed Two People
- A Pedestrian Died In A Hit-And-Run Crash Near Indian School Road
- Persecution Involving A Head-On, Rear End Collision Is Halted Due To Insufficient Evidence
- Prosecution Of A Driver Involved In A Head-On, Rear-End Accident That Caused The Death Of Two Will Not Move Forward
- A Woman Warns The Public About The Danger Of Hot Cars