Man Burns To Death In Intersection Crash
- Doug Zanes
- May 14, 2019 Car Accidents
At least one person was killed and several others injured in a fiery, two-vehicle crash in Peoria just before the weekend on Friday, May 10th.
AZ Central reports that the accident happened in the area of Lake Pleasant Parkway and Westwing Parkway at approximately 5:00 p.m. Brandon Windhal, 19, was a passenger in a Ford F-150 pickup truck. The truck had a head-on collision with a southbound black sedan that was attempting to make a left turn on to Westwing Parkway.
The crash sent the pickup into a traffic signal pole at the intersection where it burst into flame. Emergency crews pronounced Windhal dead at the scene of the accident. Two additional passengers who were also riding in the pickup truck at the time of the crash were taken to an area hospital and are listed with severe injuries.
Authorities say that the driver of the sedan, an 18-year-old woman, suffered only minor injuries. Her identity has not been released. So far, neither the condition or the identity of the driver of the pickup truck was released by police.
Both the north and southbound lanes of Lake Pleasant Parkway were affected after the crash. Police blocked off access from Pinnacle Vista to Loop 303 for several hours while investigators and cleanup crews were at the scene.
The accident is still currently under investigation. So far no charges have been filed in the case.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
03 Feb 2020
26 Feb 2019
Related Blog Posts
08 Mar 2016
15 Jul 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Police Prepare To Implement Stay-At-Home Orders In Arizona
- A Passenger Suffering From Gunshot Wounds Was Involved In A Rollover Crash
- A Tanker Explodes Off Of Interstate 40, The Fire Lasting Into The Morning Hours
- Details About A Crash That Injured A Motorcyclist And Its Passenger Remain Unclear
- A Good Samaritan Was Injured In A Complex, Multi-Vehicle Accident