Man Accused Of Hit And Run After Injuring 3 Small Children
- Doug Zanes
- May 10, 2019 Injuries
A hit and run is a serious crime nationwide. It can be hard to fight instincts of fight or flight in the face of danger, but after injuring someone it’s important to stay calm and try and to help. Fleeing the scene only leads to harsher sentencing and penalties.
KTAR News recently reported on a mother that was attempting to cross with her three children in Phoenix when their vehicle was struck by the driver of a Volkswagen Passat last month.
Authorities say that on Friday, April 5th at approximately 8:00 p.m. the mother and children were attempting to cross the street. They were stopped in a two-way left turn lane in the area of 70th Avenue and Indian School Road when they were struck by the Volkswagen.
The vehicle dragged a stroller that a two-year-old girl was in approximately 1,000 feet. Witnesses were able to get the driver’s attention to let him know someone was under his vehicle. Once witnesses were able to free the child and stroller, the driver got back into his vehicle and fled the scene.
The mother and her children were taken to an area hospital for treatment. All are listed in serious condition. The three-year-old boy was the most injured in the incident.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
08 Jan 2019
08 Jan 2019
Related Blog Posts
09 Sep 2015
03 Dec 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- A Beloved Member Of The Peoria Police Force Lost His Life In A Car Accident
- A Dangerous Roll Over Crash At An Intersection Leaves One Person Dead
- Two People Die In A Motorcycle Accident On Indian School Road
- Arizona Cardinals Rookie Wide Receiver Crashes Into Lake Erie
- Three GoPlus Strollers Are Being Recalled Due To Space Surrounding The Stroller Tray