Hit-And-Run Rollover Crash Involves Four Vehicles, One Killed
- Doug Zanes
- November 14, 2019 Car Accidents
A hit-and-run rollover crash that involved four vehicles in Midtown Tucson on Wednesday has resulted in the death of one person.
Tucson.com reported on its website that at approximately 12:20 p.m. a woman had been heading eastbound 22nd Street when her pickup truck was rear-ended by another vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed.
According to Sgt. Pete Dugan, spokesperson for the Tucson Police Department, the force of impact in the crash caused the woman’s pickup to go over the center median and roll over into the westbound lanes of 22nd Street where two other vehicles collided with hers.
The woman driving the pickup truck died at the scene. Her identity has not been released pending notification of family.
Another person was injured in the crash and was taken to an area hospital for treatment of minor injuries. Authorities say that there was a young child in one of the vehicles involved in the accident, but say that the child was uninjured.
Authorities say that the vehicle that rear-ended the pickup truck fled the scene of the crash. Tucson Police officers found the vehicle abandoned a short distance away from the crash site. Police are still searching for the driver of the vehicle.
Both eastbound and westbound lanes of 22nd Street were shut down for several hours while police investigated.
Authorities are asking anyone with any further information to contact Tucson Police.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
29 Oct 2019
29 Oct 2019
Related Blog Posts
06 Aug 2014
31 Aug 2018
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- A Cardiologist Is Moved To Tears At This Police Officer’s Heart-Warming Gesture
- A Pedestrian Was Struck And Killed By A Garbage Truck
- A Community Mourns The Loss Of A Police Officer Responding To A Domestic Violence Incident
- Students Hold A House Party Celebrating Graduation Amid The Corvid-19 Pandemic
- Three Children Are In Critical Condition After A Roll Over Crash