Hit And Run Driver Identified In Rollover Crash
- Doug Zanes
- March 25, 2019 Car Accidents
Last week we reported about a horrific crash that happened in Sarasota, Florida where a teen driver was left critically injured in a hit and run crash.
In an update to the story, Fox10 in Phoenix reports that a suspect has been found and arrested by authorities for his role the crash which left 19-year-old Jack Kelley clinging to life with a traumatic brain injury.
The Florida Highway Patrol (FHP) said in a statement to the media that the hit-and-run driver in the Kia minivan that caused the rollover crash had been identified as Zachari Brock, 24, of Bradenton, Florida.
Both eyewitnesses and security camera video at the Lantern Inn captured the accident. This information and an exhaustive search led investigators to Brock.
Authorities placed Brock under arrest under the charges of leaving the scene of an accident involving serious injury as well as driving without a license and causing an accident resulting in serious injury. Both charges are considered felonies within the state of Florida.
Jack Kelley remains hospitalized and is still listed in critical condition. While Michael, Jack Kelley’s father, is grateful that authorities have managed to find the hit-and-run driver, he knows that the road to recovery for his son is likely to be long and arduous.
“My son is going to be in ICU for a long time,” Kelley told reporters. He also told the reporter that while he is glad that justice will be served, that knowledge doesn’t give him any satisfaction while his son Jack is still lying in a hospital bed.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
07 Jan 2019
07 Jan 2019
Related Blog Posts
18 Feb 2015
18 May 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Investigators Believe Impairment Was Involved In A Crash That Killed Two People
- A Pedestrian Died In A Hit-And-Run Crash Near Indian School Road
- Persecution Involving A Head-On, Rear End Collision Is Halted Due To Insufficient Evidence
- Prosecution Of A Driver Involved In A Head-On, Rear-End Accident That Caused The Death Of Two Will Not Move Forward
- A Woman Warns The Public About The Danger Of Hot Cars