Fatal Crash In Phoenix Neighborhood Near Thomas Road
- Doug Zanes
- August 22, 2019 Car Accidents
A crash at an intersection in a mostly residential neighborhood last week has left one person dead and one other person injured.
ABC 15 in Phoenix on their website that the accident happened on the morning of Thursday, August 15th occurred at approximately 9:00 a.m. at the intersection of 19th Avenue and Thomas Road.
A male driver of a white Chevrolet Impala had been heading northbound on 19th Avenue when he crossed the center line and into the southbound lanes. The Impala collided head-on with a red Ford F-150 being driven by a 57-year-old woman.
Phoenix Police Department Spokesperson, Sgt. Maggie Cox told ABC in a statement that the male driver of the Impala was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash.
The woman in the pickup truck was transported to an area hospital for treatment of what officials say were “non-incapacitating injuries.” Police have not released the woman’s identity at this time.
The fatally injured driver was later identified by authorities as 25-year-old Francisco Manquero. Investigators have not yet determined whether Manquero had been driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the crash.
Police say that the accident is still currently under investigation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
07 Jan 2019
07 Jan 2019
Related Blog Posts
18 Feb 2015
18 May 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- A Beloved Member Of The Peoria Police Force Lost His Life In A Car Accident
- A Dangerous Roll Over Crash At An Intersection Leaves One Person Dead
- Two People Die In A Motorcycle Accident On Indian School Road
- Arizona Cardinals Rookie Wide Receiver Crashes Into Lake Erie
- Three GoPlus Strollers Are Being Recalled Due To Space Surrounding The Stroller Tray