Eyewitnesses Watch SUV Hit And Run, Police Now Hunting
- Doug Zanes
- February 22, 2019 Car Accidents
For most of us, it seems unimaginable that anyone could hit someone with their vehicle and then drive away without another thought. On the evening of February 10th in a neighborhood in Phoenix, that is exactly what happened. A hit-and-run crash involving an SUV and a pedestrian has left one man dead.
According to an article appearing on the AZFamily website, what would turn out to be a fatal crash happened on at approximately 8:00 p.m. Sunday night on Seventh Avenue and Baseline Road.
Police are still currently searching for the driver who struck and killed John Juarez, 65, as he was crossing the street Baseline Road.
Eyewitnesses say that Juarez was struck by a red SUV. The driver did not stop at the scene of the crash to check on Juarez’ status but instead sped away.
Juarez was transported to an area hospital. He was pronounced dead as a result of the injuries he sustained in the crash.
Police are now searching for the driver of the vehicle involved in the fatal crash. The SUV is likely to have front end damage to the front end, including the grill, headlights, and hood of the vehicle.
Phoenix Police are asking the public for their help. If anyone has any information regarding the crash, they are encouraged to get into contact with Phoenix Police. Tips can be left at Phoenix PD’s Silent Witness webpage or by calling 480-WITNESS.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
27 Mar 2020
10 Dec 2019
Related Blog Posts
30 Nov 2015
12 Sep 2014
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- A Cardiologist Is Moved To Tears At This Police Officer’s Heart-Warming Gesture
- A Pedestrian Was Struck And Killed By A Garbage Truck
- A Community Mourns The Loss Of A Police Officer Responding To A Domestic Violence Incident
- Students Hold A House Party Celebrating Graduation Amid The Corvid-19 Pandemic
- Three Children Are In Critical Condition After A Roll Over Crash