Arizona Natives On Vacation And A Florida Driver Were Killed In A Sudden Accident, Killing Three.
- Doug Zanes
- March 17, 2020 Car Accidents
It is important to remain diligent while driving on the road. An accident can happen anytime and anywhere, even when you are away from home and on vacation. That seems to have been what happened in a sudden, fatal crash near Ft. Meyers, Florida, that occurred on Monday morning, killing three people. Two of the crash victims were residents of Arizona on vacation.
According to a story appearing on the website for Fox 10 in Phoenix, the fatal crash happened on Monday, March 16th, at approximately 9:24 A.M. along San Carlos Boulevard near Ft. Meyer’s Beach.
In a statement, the Florida Highway Patrol said that a 2017 Lexus that was traveling northbound crossed the median pavement divider and struck a southbound 2004 Jeep. The force of the impact was so intense that it caused the Jeep to overturn. The cause of the veer-off into the median lane is still unclear.
The victims were the driver and the passengers in the Lexus. They have been identified as 53-year-old David Pennington and 54-year-old Virginia Geebel from Arizona. Sadly, the two were pronounced dead at the scene.
The accident spared no one. Also killed in the crash was the driver of the Jeep, 33-year-old Samantha Green of Ft. Meyers Beach, Florida.
The Florida Highway Patrol said that family members of the crash victims had been notified about the fatal crash.
Authorities say that the accident is still currently under investigation but has not indicated whether impairment played any role in the crash.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
07 Jan 2019
07 Jan 2019
Related Blog Posts
18 Feb 2015
18 May 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- A Tesla Driver Experiences Non-Life-threatening Injuries After An Accident With An Ambulance And A Safety Cruiser
- Two Brothers Die In From An Electrical Current On Lake Pleasant
- A Teenager Is Removed From Life Support After An Intersection Accident
- Relative Of The Pinal County Sheriff Is Under Investigation After A Bicycle Collision
- An Uptick In Speeding Amid Clear Roadways Results In More Fatalities