A Motorcyclist Lost His Life In A Traffic Accident Involving A Volkswagen
- Doug Zanes
- April 16, 2020 Motorcycle Accidents
Tucson authorities have identified a motorcyclist who was killed in Tucson’s westside last Sunday.
According to the story appearing on the website of NBC affiliate KVOA in Tucson, the victim has been identified as 26-year-old Joseph Javier Snyder of Tucson.
Investigators say that Snyder, along with a female passenger, were riding a motorcycle traveling eastbound on Speedway Boulevard on Sunday, April 5th. Snyder ran a red light at the intersection of Speedway Boulevard and North Greasewood Road and collided with a 2018 Volkswagen Passat that was heading southbound on Greasewood Road.
Emergency Crews from the Tucson Fire Department responded at the scene of the crash and attempted to treat Snyder. Snyder reportedly died at the scene of the accident from the injury he suffered in the crash.
The female passenger on the motorcycle was transported by ambulance to an area hospital for treatment of serious injuries. Her identity has not yet been released.
Authorities say that the driver of the Volkswagen stayed at the scene of the accident until released by police officers.
While impairment does not appear to have been a factor in the crash, investigators believe that speed did play a role in the fatal accident. No citations or charges have been issued in connection to the crash.
The accident is still currently under investigation.
On behalf of our firm, we would like to extend our heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of Joseph Snyder for their loss at this time.
Related Blog Posts
15 Sep 2017
19 Feb 2019
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Investigators Believe Impairment Was Involved In A Crash That Killed Two People
- A Pedestrian Died In A Hit-And-Run Crash Near Indian School Road
- Persecution Involving A Head-On, Rear End Collision Is Halted Due To Insufficient Evidence
- Prosecution Of A Driver Involved In A Head-On, Rear-End Accident That Caused The Death Of Two Will Not Move Forward
- A Woman Warns The Public About The Danger Of Hot Cars