Mt. Lemmon Highway Open
- Casey Hamm
- January 13, 2016
Mt. Lemmon Highway Open as of 1/12/2016.
People visiting Tucson may be confused as to the freezing weather but we desert dwellers know better than to mistaken this winter for anything except normal.
Although always an element of shock, snow is nothing new and with a long line of cars waiting to get in since early this morning, the Catalina Highway up to Mr. Lemmon has finally opened, authorities said.
Only vehicles with chains or four-wheel drive will be allowed up, due to icy conditions on the road, according to the Pima County Sheriff’s Department Road Conditions Hotline.
So if you are planning a trip up there to be a snow bunny this weekend, please drive safe (with the appropriate vehicle) and go with someone!
- Heatwaves and Motor Vehicle Accidents: Extremely Hot Weather is Associated with an Increased Risk of a Car Crash
- How Installing a Car Seat Improperly Can Lead to Injury
- Phoenix Injury Lawyer’s Advice on Filing a Car Accident Report
- Everything You’ve Ever Wondered About Parking Lot Car Accidents
- Avoiding Phoenix Car Accidents By Turning Your Cell Phone Off