Marriage Equality For All In The United States
- Casey Hamm
- June 30, 2015
On Friday, June 26th a new day was birthed for the nation as thousands of people celebrated outside the steps leading to the Supreme Court and millions more roared in joy ringing in the 5 to 4 vote that the constitution guarantees the right to same-sex marriage.
The decision was a long time coming for activists and legal advocates fighting for this for decades .
As the NY Times quoted from Justice Anthony M. Kennedy of the majority ruling “No longer may this liberty be denied. No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice and family.”
The justices found that, under the 14th Amendment, states must issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples and recognize same-sex unions that have been legally performed in other states.
This day will certainly go down in the history books as a momentous and joyous occasion for many across the nation.
Zanes Law wishes all the newly wed and soon to wed couples a lifetime of happiness and fulfillment!
For you legal boom worms:
And for a complete story and quotes from the justices:
See the NYTimes here
- Heatwaves and Motor Vehicle Accidents: Extremely Hot Weather is Associated with an Increased Risk of a Car Crash
- How Installing a Car Seat Improperly Can Lead to Injury
- Phoenix Injury Lawyer’s Advice on Filing a Car Accident Report
- Everything You’ve Ever Wondered About Parking Lot Car Accidents
- Avoiding Phoenix Car Accidents By Turning Your Cell Phone Off