What Does A Phoenix Personal Injury Lawyer Do For You?
- Zanes Law Web Team
- December 10, 2019
- Personal Injury
A Phoenix personal injury lawyer helps individuals who have suffered injuries in accidents due to someone else’s negligence (as defined by Arizona legal statute 12-2505) receive financial compensation. If you have been injured in an accident due to someone else’s reckless behavior, you may be entitled to compensation for your suffering, physical injuries, lost wages, and more.
What a Phoenix personal injury lawyer can do for you is to help determine who is liable for your injuries, how much compensation you are entitled to receive, help you build your personal injury case, and represent you in a court of law, if necessary, regarding your personal injury claim.
Personal Injury Laws
A personal injury attorney can assist a victim throughout the personal injury lawsuit process. The most common duties and responsibilities a personal injury lawyer will perform are:
Explaining the Law and Your Rights
A personal injury attorney should take the time to explain the law and your rights. They should articulate how to establish your specific and unique claim under Arizona statutes and also explain complex legal concepts such as comparative negligence and the statute of limitations (12-542).
Offers Legal Advice for Your Specific Case
Each personal injury case is different and requires an analysis of the facts and circumstances as they apply to Arizona law. A personal injury attorney should explain in detail the legal system, and why each charge is being brought (or dropped.) They should explain the legal process, assist with legal paperwork, negotiate with insurance companies, contact and retain expert witnesses, issue subpoenas, obtain the opposing side’s paperwork through discovery, hold depositions, and walk their client through the entire legal process.
Along the way, the personal injury attorney should always provide you legal advice, such as persuading the victim to avoid talking to the opposing side’s insurance company, retain all medical records, and keep a personal journal. The ultimate job of a personal injury attorney is ensuring that their client, the victim, is made whole through the legal process. Offering explanations and advice along the way can help their client understand the process and remove any fear, frustration, stress, or anger regarding the legal process.
Provides Representation in Court
While most personal injury cases are settled outside of a courtroom, a personal injury lawyer should be prepared to represent their client fully in a court of law. Your personal injury lawyer will be able to provide the resources and expertise necessary to ensure that your claim is accurately and adequately argued to the judge or jury.
More Than Legal Advice
A personal injury attorney will provide more than legal advice and representation in a court of law. A personal injury attorney will also:
- Conduct a complete and professional investigation: this investigation may include hiring experts, interviewing witnesses, and developing practical and legal theories about how the accident occurred, who is liable, and calculating the damages.
- Contact medical providers: a personal injury lawyer may also visit with medical providers to help understand serious injuries and how they are created and/or resolved.
- Determine the damages: as the personal injury attorney works through the investigation and your case, they should be able to assess your specific damages accurately.
- Negotiate with insurance companies: often a personal injury attorney will visit with insurance companies long before a case ever goes to trial to attempt to obtain a resolution and compensation for your damages.
- Discuss settlements: before a case ever goes to trial, typically, there will be settlement offers. A personal injury attorney will negotiate with insurance companies to ensure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation you deserve.
A personal injury attorney should represent you throughout the entire process. He will help you not only understand the law but how it directly applies to you in order for you to receive compensation for your injuries.
Contact a Phoenix Personal Injury Lawyer
If you were injured in any accident due to the negligence of another person, speak with us to learn more about what a Phoenix personal injury lawyer can do for you. We can help you build a strong case, guide you through the legal process, and help you obtain the compensation you are owed.
Contact the legal team at Zanes Law at (833)-629-7684. We can provide you a free consultation and sign you up as a client in one phone call. If it is more convenient, we can meet with you at your home or your hospital room. Call us today.
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Free eBook: Winning Your Personal Injury Case
- Family Learns Of Bus Accident When Another Child Carries Their Child Into The Home, Bus Driver Refused To Help
- Opioid Ruling: Interpretation and Analysis
- Study: Nearly half of drivers do not use blinker while driving
- Woman Pierces Eye With Metal Drinking Straw In Accident, Dies