How To Get A Car Accident Police Report In Phoenix, AZ?
After a Phoenix, Arizona car accident, there are several steps you need to take to ensure the safety of everyone involved and protect your legal right to recover compensation. Your first step should always be to call for emergency medical care and move the accident from the road if it is safe to do so.
Next, you need to make sure you call the police to file a car accident report in Phoenix, Arizona. While you are not required by law to file a police report if the damages are less than $1,000, doing so may protect your right to file an insurance claim.
Unsure how to file or gain a copy of your Phoenix car accident report? Here is what you need to know, including how to protect your right to recover compensation from the at-fault driver.
How to File a Car Accident Police Report in Phoenix, AZ
After the car accident, you should dial 911, who will dispatch police and rescue personnel to the scene of your car accident. When the police arrive, they will take down statements, recover evidence, and determine who was at fault for the crash.
This information will go into the official police report, which will likely also include the time and date of the accident, a simple diagram of the accident scene, and the investigating officer’s name, agency, and ID number.
Police officers on the scene may also ask for:
- Your name and contact information
- The name and contact information of other drivers or victims
- Your driver’s license number and insurance information
- What you remember from the accident
This information will be included in the official police report, which is a critical document when filing a car accident insurance claim.
In most cases, you can obtain a copy of your car police report from the officers who attend your car accident. However, it may take up to 24 hours for the official report to be finalized.
How to Get a Copy of Your Car Accident Police Report in Phoenix, AZ
The police report is a critical piece of evidence in building a car accident insurance claim. If you are unable to obtain the report from the officer who attends your crime scene, there are several other ways to obtain a copy, either in person or online.
Here are the two ways to get a copy of your car accident report in Phoenix, Arizona:
- Go to your closest police station and request a copy of your car accident report in person. You can find your local precinct on the City of Phoenix Police website.
- Or, if you prefer, fill out an online police department records report request.
Keep in mind; fees may apply for obtaining a copy of your police report. In most cases, these fees are under $15. Most car accident reports are available 14 days after the date of the accident.
Why a Phoenix Car Accident Police Report Is Important
If you sustained damages in a Phoenix car accident, the insurance company will require you to turn over a copy of the official car accident police report. In addition to proving the accident occurred, the police report will also assign fault, which is critical to recovering your damages.
The police report may include a wealth of information that will help your claim, including:
- The point of impact
- Weather and road conditions
- Pictures of the accident scene
- Tickets issued by the on-scene officer
- Contact information of all other drivers, victims, and witnesses
Unlike no-fault accident states, Arizona allows injury victims to pursue compensation through the at-fault driver’s insurance company, so obtaining the police report allows you to determine who to contact in order to pursue the damages you deserve.
Contact a Phoenix Car Accident Attorney Today
After a Phoenix car accident, you may be facing thousands of dollars in repairs and medical costs. You have the right to recover these costs and other losses, such as pain and suffering, from the insurance company of the at-fault driver.
The team at Zanes Law is here to help. We will gather proof of your injuries and damages, file your claim, and even negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. There were over 127,000 reported car accidents in Arizona last year, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. We understand how numerous, stressful, and painful these accidents can be and will fight for the rights of struggling Phoenix car accident victims.
Call us today for a free Phoenix car accident case review at (602) 999-9999. Our purpose-driven attorneys will fight for your right to recover your losses.
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
Car Accident Lawyer Near Me
- Tucson Car Accident Lawyer
- Seattle Car Accident Lawyer
- Phoenix Car Accident Lawyer
- South Tucson Car Accident Lawyer
- Mesa Car Accident Lawyer
- Scottsdale Car Accident Lawyer
- Chandler Car Accident Lawyer
- Yuma Car Accident Lawyer
- Glendale Car Accident Lawyer
- Peoria Car Accident Lawyer
- Gilbert Car Accident Lawyer
- Tempe Car Accidents Lawyer
- Avondale Car Accident Lawyer
- Surprise Car Accident Lawyer
- Flagstaff Car Accident Lawyer
- Goodyear Car Accident Lawyer