Do I Qualify For Hernia Mesh Lawsuit?
To determine if you qualify for a hernia mesh lawsuit, you and your case must meet certain qualifiers:
- You have recently had hernia repair surgery with a mesh implant.
- The manufacturer had a duty and a responsibility to provide a quality product and failed to warn you of any problems associated with the product.
- You experienced complications or injuries as a result of the defective mesh implant.
- You had to pay costs related to that injury.
If you are suffering complications from hernia mesh implants, it is important for you to speak to a personal injury lawyer. The team at Zanes Law can help you understand your rights and determine if you qualify for a hernia mesh lawsuit. Call 866-499-8989 today for a free and confidential consultation.
You May Be Entitled to Compensation If You Suffered the Following Hernia Mesh Complications
Manufacturers have a responsibility to put quality products on the market. After hernia repair with mesh, patients commonly experience adverse effects like mesh movement and shrinkage or contraction. This can be attributed to a defective product.
Recalls by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) occur when there is a reasonable possibility that using a defective product will cause serious harmful health consequences or even death. Many complications related to hernia repair with surgical mesh have been reported to the FDA. These reports are associated with defective or recalled mesh products no longer on the market.
The main cause of bowel perforation and obstruction complications is recalled mesh products. The most common complications associated with a recalled mesh include:
- Bowel obstruction
It is important for you to contact your surgeon as soon as possible if you have had a surgical mesh implant and are experiencing any issues with it. If you are suffering complications, it is important for you to speak to a personal injury lawyer. The team at Zanes Law can help you understand your rights and determine if you qualify for a hernia mesh lawsuit. Call 866-499-8989 today for a free and confidential consultation.
Different Types of Compensation You Can Recover in a Hernia Mesh Lawsuit
Defective products can cause any number of injuries, from the inconvenient to the debilitating. If you suffered complications or an injury as a result of a defective mesh implant, you can expect compensation for both economic and non-economic damages. The severity of your injuries and how they impacted your life will be major factors in determining how much you can get from a hernia mesh lawsuit. The types of damages you can recover include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Past and current lost wages
- Future lost earning potential
- Pain and suffering (related to physical pain from the injury like aches and pains, discomfort, scarring, and limitations on normal activity)
- Loss of companionship (when one spouse can no longer receive the love, comfort and other normal family relationships due to their partner’s injury)
- Loss of enjoyment (when you are no longer able to participate in things you once enjoyed, like sports or hobbies)
- Mental anguish (when conditions like distress, insomnia, depression, anxiety, and trauma manifest)
- Permanent disabilities, impairment, or disfigurement
Each State Has Different Lawsuit Deadlines
Delaying may cost you your ability to pursue compensation for your losses. Every state has specific statutes of limitations or deadlines for filing an injury related lawsuit. A legal team can advise you on how your state’s deadline applies to complications from hernia mesh implants, especially when infection, mesh failure, and other problems do not manifest until months or even years after the surgery. If you miss the deadline, you can lose your right to sue and get compensation for your losses.
If you are suffering complications from hernia mesh implants, it is important for you to speak to a hernia mesh lawsuit lawyer. The team at Zanes Law will help you understand your rights and determine if you qualify for a hernia mesh lawsuit. We will help you understand your options and get you the compensation you deserve. Call 866-499-8989 today for a free and confidential consultation.
Know Your Rights and Your Options
Understanding the complex rules of filing a lawsuit is difficult. A personal injury lawyer is familiar with the different statute of limitations deadlines in your state. The team at Zanes Law will help you understand your rights. We will craft the best strategy for protecting them and will determine if you qualify for a hernia mesh lawsuit. We will help you get the compensation you deserve. Call 866-499-8989 today for a free and confidential consultation.
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Everything You Need to Know About Grocery Store Slip & Fall Accidents
- Stay Safe on the Road: Essential Bicycle Safety Tips
- Passenger in a Car Accident? Here’s What You Need to Know.
- Saying These 5 Things After an Accident Can Hurt Your Settlement
- Zanes Law Awards $2,700 College Scholarship to Texas Tech University Student