Calling All Smokers in Pima County!
- Casey Hamm
- March 12, 2015
It may be time to quit, Arizona…
That’s right, it may be time to quit smoking before Pima County takes the nicotine pack from you, regardless.
The County has been wrestling with smokers issues for a few years now, trying to align with a more healthy lifestyle including smoke free lungs for all.
The process has not been easy nor clear. In fact, the ban on smoking on county property went through revisions and questions before it was settled.
The new issue left on the table is whether to hire smokers for jobs and if so, whether to charge them a higher insurance premiums.
The county voted 4 to 1, with only one member voting against it. However, despite the cessation program, which the county requires and pays for, the smoker will avoid the surcharge even if they continue to smoke.
This issue is far from over but still requires Arizona lawmakers to make some tough decisions on kicking the habit county wide.
Stay healthy and smoke free Tucson!
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Free eBook: Winning Your Personal Injury Case
- Family Learns Of Bus Accident When Another Child Carries Their Child Into The Home, Bus Driver Refused To Help
- Opioid Ruling: Interpretation and Analysis
- Study: Nearly half of drivers do not use blinker while driving
- Woman Pierces Eye With Metal Drinking Straw In Accident, Dies