- Casey Hamm
- May 9, 2016
Bee Safety. Caution: Bee Season in Arizona.
Last Monday, two individuals in Scottsdale, Arizona were attacked by bees, leaving one hospitalized.
What to do when bees attack:
- Run indoors as soon as possible. Do not stand still or swat them away. Simply run inside asap.
- Cover your face and head as much as possible. Pull up your shirt or cover your face with a jacket or hat.
- Do NOT jump into a pool or other water source. The bees will wait for you to come up for air and sting right away.
- Once you’re safe inside, go to the hospital if you have been stung multiple times.
How to prevent bee attacks:
- Wear light-colored clothes. Bees are attracted to dark-colored clothing.
- Avoid floral colors.
- Avoid citrus fragrances.
- Check the outdoor area of your home monthly to ensure there aren’t any signs of bees. If there are, call pest control asap.
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Everything You Need to Know About Grocery Store Slip & Fall Accidents
- Stay Safe on the Road: Essential Bicycle Safety Tips
- Passenger in a Car Accident? Here’s What You Need to Know.
- Saying These 5 Things After an Accident Can Hurt Your Settlement
- Zanes Law Awards $2,700 College Scholarship to Texas Tech University Student