You Ask- We Answer! Do I absolutely NEED an attorney?
- Casey Hamm
- August 17, 2016
Do I Need An Attorney?
Why does the insurance adjuster say that they can resolve my case without involving an attorney? Do I NEED an attorney?
In short, NO, you do not NEED an attorney. Is it smart to speak with one after your accident? YES!
You can settle a claim without an attorney; in fact, we have an educational packet that helps accident victims settle their own claim if that’s what they want to do.
However, the goal of the insurance company is to minimize what they pay out. With a personal injury attorney on your side, the adjusters know that won’t happen.
The Insurance Research Council (IRC), an organization supported by property and casualty insurance companies, performed a study that compared the settlements paid to injured persons who hired lawyers with the settlements received by people who handled cases themselves.
The IRC study showed that, on average, people who hired a lawyer received three and a half times more money in settlements than those who didn’t hire a lawyer.
- Heatwaves and Motor Vehicle Accidents: Extremely Hot Weather is Associated with an Increased Risk of a Car Crash
- How Installing a Car Seat Improperly Can Lead to Injury
- Phoenix Injury Lawyer’s Advice on Filing a Car Accident Report
- Everything You’ve Ever Wondered About Parking Lot Car Accidents
- Avoiding Phoenix Car Accidents By Turning Your Cell Phone Off