Motorcycle Safety Tips for Arizona Riders
- Doug Zanes
- November 17, 2014
The nice weather has hit Arizona. It is no longer 100+ degrees outside and riding a motorcycle is a great way to enjoy a beautiful day.
Be aware though…bikers need to exercise extreme safety. Motorcycle accidents remain among the most dangerous means of transportation, with over 5,100 deaths per year.
Here are a few tips to review from the motorcycle accident attorneys at Zanes Law on how to stay out of harm’s way when riding a motorcycle:
Prepare to Hit the Roads
Make sure you thoroughly check your machine. This includes your lights, turn signals, brakes, mirrors, chain, and cables to make sure they’re all up to the manufacturers’ specifications.
This advice may seem like a no-brainer for experienced motorcyclists; however, there are many new riders, of all ages, on the road.
You might also think about getting some new quality gear. Does your helmet need an upgrade? Do you need boots that cover your ankles? Are your gloves frayed? Try some new durable, non-slip gloves for extra safety.
On the Highway
You’re geared up and ready to go. But there is still a lot you can do to protect yourself and other motorists while you’re on the streets.
- ALWAYS wear your helmet. Make sure that you’re wearing one that meets federal safety standards.
- Be as visible to other drivers as possible. Keep your headlights on during the daytime, wear reflective gear, and equip your bike with a windshield or a windshield fairing.
- Get proper training. Bikers who are well trained on how to ride and care for their bikes are less likely to be involved in motorcycle accidents.
- Ride sober. Alcohol and other drugs affect judgment and do not mix with motorcycling.
- Finally, stick to the speed limit. Be smart and slow down.
We hope these tips may offer some help and that you will be able to enjoy the feeling of the open road for many years.
For more advice, listen to Episode #21, “Motorcycle Safety,” of our talk show, Personal Injury Legal Tips with Doug Zanes, here.
- Phoenix Injury Lawyer’s Advice on Filing a Car Accident Report
- Everything You’ve Ever Wondered About Parking Lot Car Accidents
- Avoiding Phoenix Car Accidents By Turning Your Cell Phone Off
- Neglecting to Use Turn Signals Properly Contributes to Phoenix Car Accidents
- The Tragedy of Backup Automobile Accidents