2018 Zanes Law School Supply Giveaway Recipients!
- Casey Hamm
- August 2, 2018
Here is everything you need to know about the giveaway along with a list of all registered teachers!
Zanes Law’s 8th Annual School Supply Giveaway:
- Date: Saturday, August 4th
- Time: 8:30am-10:00am (you may arrive anytime between those times)
- WHERE: Our office! 3501 E. Speedway Blvd. Tucson, Arizona 85716 (parking lot).
- Please bring some form of ID with your name on it so our registration table can check you in promptly.
- You will be provided a large tote for your supplies. However, we recommend bringing another carrying case/bag to distribute the weight.
PLEASE BRING A DONATION! As always we partner with another local organization to maximize our efforts as a community! This year we are partnering with Casa Maria Catholic Worker Community!
This local Tucson organization helps those in DESPERATE need of food and hygiene products. Please, please, please take a minute to look through your kitchen or swing by the store before Saturday! Our goal is to collect 1,000 items! If everyone brings 2-3 items we will surpass this!! It can be as simple as ramen or mac-n-cheese! Everything counts! Needed items include: Non-Perishable food items, hygiene products, Used or new blankets, jackets, sweaters for the upcoming cold months!
- This will be my first year attending…. Is this real? What’s the catch? Yes, this is real! The morning of Saturday, August 4th, you will check-in, get in line, and pick up free school supplies! You are free to leave right after or stick around and play games for a chance to win additional school supplies! I guess the ONE CATCH we have is that we ask you to check-in at Zanes Law and tag Zanes Law on Facebook if you have one! Post a selfie with friends or let us know on Facebook that you are here. Our team LOVES to scroll through our Facebook page and see all of your comments and photos- especially the Monday after the event. We scroll all morning on the big screen and everyone’s heart is filled!
- Will there be enough supplies for everyone? Of course! We plan the amount of purchased supplies based off of our head count. Every teacher will receive the same amount of supplies unless they choose to participate in other activities where they can win additional items! This is why the RSVP process and headcount Is SO important!!
- Can I bring friends and family to the event? Of course! However, as a courtesy to our registered teachers, your personal guests cannot collect school supplies unless they have submitted an application and are on the “registration list”.
- Do I need to bring anything? Yes, please bring any form of ID to check in and another carrying case such as a rolling cart or bag. You will be given a tote to collect your supplies, however, the bags do get heavy so having an extra carrying case to help distribute the weight is suggested!
- **Note: we highly recommend leaving coffee, snacks, etc inside your car. You will be carrying a lot of supplies with your totes and juggling a coffee or smoothie makes it very difficult to carry everything! Don’t say I didn’t warn you! 😉
- Do I have to attend the event to collect my supplies? Yes, you must be present the day of the event to collect your supplies unless you send someone else to pick them up for you. All left over supplies will be donated to a local school and may not be picked up after the event.
- Uh oh! My friend had an emergency- can I collect supplies for a teacher friend who is on the list, but cannot make it? Yes, however, you must collect your items first and re-register under your friend’s name and get back in line. This means you will be going through the line twice. As a courtesy to our teachers we want the line to move as quickly as possible. Collecting supplies for more than one person slows the line down. It’s hot outside and we have to keep the line moving!
- How long is the giveaway? You may attend anytime between 8:30am-10:00am. It should take no longer than 30 minutes to collect your supplies; however, many teachers stay longer to enjoy additional activities and win more supplies! Please note that at 10:00am we start packing up the supplies immediately so please do not arrive after 10:00am.
- Where should I park? There is a large parking lot where the event is held, however, we recommend carpooling because spots are limited. There is also street parking on the North and West side of the building. Please DO NOT park at the Crossfit gym next to our building.
- Water/bathrooms- There is a water fountain and bathrooms in the lobby of the main building. The lobby door will be propped open for teacher use.
We take RSVPs VERY SERIOUSLY! If you RSVPd and your name is on the list below, please plan on attending! We understand that emergencies happen, however, each year we have no-shows. If you simply do not show up that means a bag of supplies could have gone to another teacher in need. We have hundreds of teachers on the waitlist and appreciate your understanding!
If your name is NOT on the lis, you will be unable to collect supplies (unless you are collecting for another teacher of course).
2018 Zanes Law School Supply Giveaway Recipients!
|Danielle Van Derlaske|
|Esther Del Valle|
|EUGENIE (genie) HENDERSON|
|Georgette (Gigi) Jabbour|
|Jennifer Dichter Roqueni|
|Lily Del Valle|
|Marcia Zatarain de Cortina|
|Mary Ann Jester|
|Mary anne Mcdonough|
|Matt Van Derlaske|
|Michelle Voight Tolzman|
|Rebecca Vargas (Smith)|
|Susan Rene Pierce|