CLAIMS IN ARIZONA
Workers compensation is a “no fault” system in which injured employees get medical and other benefits no matter who causes the job-related accident. If an illness or injury is related to a job, the injured worker may also receive permanent compensation benefits and training for a suitable job.
Work-related injuries have proven to be very difficult for victims. Not only must they recover from their injuries, but they also face time off work and potentially confronting their employers about the benefits that they deserve.
Unfortunately, insurance companies continuously push the Arizona State Legislature to make the workers compensation laws more employer friendly. This has made it very difficult for attorneys to take on workers compensation cases. Many Legislators continue to attempt to make changes, so that claimants (the injured worker) are on their own, which puts the insurance company at a huge advantage.
What to do after being injured at work in Arizona
- Notify the employer of the injury immediately and in writing. Failing to report your claim within one week after the incident can result in the denial of your claim. The insurance company will fight against your claim and if you fail to timely report your claim they usually have a good chance of winning.
- Fill out an incident report with your employer.
- Seek medical treatment and advise the medical provider that the injury is work related. Many employers will encourage you to see a provider on their preferred list; however, in Arizona you are able to pick your own provider.
- File a claim with the Industrial Commission of Arizona. If your claim is denied, you only have 90 days from the date of denial to file a protest.
- Continue with your medical treatment as directed, remembering that you need an appointment at least every 30 days with an explanation of your current work abilities provided by the physician.
If you’ve been injured at work in Arizona, please contact an Arizona personal injury attorney to determine if you have a personal injury claim. You will also want to discuss whether or not you have a workers compensation claim with an Arizona workers compensation attorney. Our office has both types of attorneys, so please give us a call so we can evaluate your case.
The Zanes Guarantee is our commitment to you.
the office anytime
to call or meet with your legal team.
unless we win your case
unless we win.