Trucking Accidents in Arizona
We have helped a great number of trucking accident victims. As Arizona Personal Injury attorneys, we define a trucking accident as an auto accident involving an "eighteen-wheeler," a large truck hauling a large trailer, or heavy construction vehicles. Examples of these include retail and grocery store trucks, recreation vehicles (RV’s), and tractors for construction work.
What makes these trucking accidents so severe? The size and weight of these vehicles are tremendous compared to normal vehicles. When a trucking accident occurs, these large trucks can tumble over and crush cars adjacent to them, explode after an accident, and smaller cars can be crushed underneath the massive wheels of these beasts if caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. Make no mistake about it, if you have been involved in a trucking accident in Arizona, you need the help of a personal injury attorney.
Factors Contributing to Trucking Accidents
Driving on any road holds the risk of danger and a potential accident, but that danger is compounded when the truck driver is negligent as described in the following examples:
- Driver Fatigue: Truckers across the nation have trucking regulations that dictate how long one can drive, how far one can drive, and a required amount of breaks a driver must take in one trip. A large number of these trucking accidents are caused because the driver chose to drive the extra miles instead of resting. As your personal injury attorney, we will immediately obtain the driver’s logs so that this evidence does not disappear.
- Driving Under the Influence: As hard as it is to believe, truckers get behind the wheel while under the influence.
- Inattention: After driving these long hours and long days, sometimes drivers are unable to pay attention to the road ahead.
- Defective Equipment: These trucks are on the road for hundreds of thousands of miles. Without proper maintenance and updated services, accidents can occur at any time. An experienced personal injury attorney knows how to obtain a copy of the truck’s maintenance logs after it has been involved in a trucking accident.
- Improperly Loaded/Overloaded Truck: This can be a major factor in a trucking accident. An experienced personal injury attorney who handles trucking accident cases will investigate whether or not this was a factor in your trucking accident.
- Lack of Proper Training or Experience: As personal injury attorneys who handle many trucking accidents cases, we see far too many injured victims who are hurt due to the lack of training or the lack of experience of a truck driver.
- Dangerous Weather: Truck drivers should stop and take a break when they encounter dangerous weather conditions. However, many of them do not stop because of delivery deadlines. If you have been injured in a trucking accident, having your personal injury attorney investigate the weather conditions at the time of your accident is vital to the success of your personal injury case because insurance companies like to use bad weather as a defense to your claim.
- Excessive Speed: When "eighteen-wheelers" are traveling at excessive speeds, accidents are likely to occur and can be deadly. Many trucks are equipped with a "black box" or computer that saves data such as speed and breaking activity. As personal injury attorneys, it’s our obligation to obtain this information for you.
Why This is Important to the Injured Party (YOU!)
The factors and examples listed above are imperative as truck accidents can become complex very quickly. Hiring a personal injury attorney who is experienced in trucking accidents is important so that you can begin to gather evidence immediately. This will protect your injury claim.
Hiring a personal injury attorney immediately after a trucking accident will significantly reduce the inevitable amount of stress that’s to come.
Trucking companies have their own representatives investigating the accident scene to collect evidence and prepare a case that shows how it was "not their fault." You deserve to have a personal injury attorney do the same for you.